Quick Translation

Started by Bugo, October 17, 2010, 12:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

French

krash661 what web browser are you using, Quick Translation works perfectly with Firefox & Opera but not with Midori,Unfortunately I can´t give test result with IE because I do not use IE (Linux user)

krash661

Quote from: French on October 28, 2011, 03:25:36 PM
krash661 what web browser are you using, Quick Translation works perfectly with Firefox & Opera but not with Midori,Unfortunately I can´t give test result with IE because I do not use IE (Linux user)
im using firefox,i think the problem is that its a bigger texted than whats supported.then i found out that google translation cant translate it either,which is telling me something is wrong with the language he posted in..probably not a real language or  looks like a typical format problem for the browser - happens when you have latin letters and trying to
translate to greek lettering without support, ie, english to russian or something cause i think its spam posting anyways.But all in all its working,just need to give it a bigger texted capability,In my opinion.but i do like the mod.

sawz

i imagine this is a rather nice mod but i am having no luck with this. when installed, package manager suggests success, files are where there supposed to be but no translate image.

i use xampp for testing purposes and its not working there either. i've read every post in this thread and have yet too see it working on someones forum.

smf version 2.0.1 using firefox and ie

i tried everything suggested.
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

Bugo

Did you try install mod on your work site?

sawz

Quote from: Bugo on December 08, 2011, 12:43:34 AM
Did you try install mod on your work site?

yes i did. not sure what else to say. read every post here, tried all solutions. it seems to have installed but no image on any site i tried it on.

Bugo

Can I see a link to your forum with installed mod?

sawz

Quote from: Bugo on December 08, 2011, 10:31:21 AM
Can I see a link to your forum with installed mod?
its a closed forum belonging to someone else, shoot me a message and let me know if you need admin access.

Bugo

Well, unfortunately, Google closed his Translate API:
The Google Translate API has been officially deprecated as of May 26, 2011. Due to the substantial economic burden caused by extensive abuse, the number of requests you may make per day will be limited and the API will be shut off completely on December 1, 2011.
Now is December 12, so this mod is more not works :(

sawz

yeah thanks for that.  :o

o well, it seems lots of people aren't liking this. any chance it can work with bing?

Bugo

Ok, I have made a new version by using other API. Try it now.

Oscworth

Thanks for making the new version Bugo....I'm really pleased to get this mod working again.
Loving the auto detect user language 

Not sure I like the word translate under each post though.  Is there a bit of code I could edit to make it appear on the right like the old image or change it back to the image?

Sim Racing,  nearly as good as the real thing but much safer & cheaper

Bugo

Oscworth

I'm actually liking the new way more now....

This version is great,  much more in this than the previous versions
Great work!

Thanks!

Eclipse16V

Thank you
Great work!

Now, one way to tackle the link below for the IP and I'm happy.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

sawz

Bugo

Quote from: Eclipse16V on December 10, 2011, 03:32:51 PM
Well, try beta version, with 2 positions of translate button.

Just install New Hooks, then this mod.

Oscworth

It just gets better & better   :D   Thanks again Bugo 

This should be included in the default SMF package it's just so useful.... ;)

Robert.

BaghdadGhost

Quote from: Bugo on December 10, 2011, 11:18:26 PM
Quote from: Eclipse16V on December 10, 2011, 03:32:51 PM
Well, try beta version, with 2 positions of translate button.

Just install New Hooks, then this mod.

first thank you Bugo for the great development of the mod. I like everything new with it. and seams to me faster in translation than before.

now just have one question. how to add more languages as an option? what file do I have to modify?

thanks again

BaghdadGhost

do you know what would be the final touch to this mod, not only for me but I think for other users too, if you can add an option to chose what languages to translate from/to. this would be included with the settings field you already created for the mod; and whatever languages the admin chose will just show up in the drop down translation menu which will avoid users from having a hard time finding their language as it used to happen with the old version.

well this is just my opinion I don't know if others agree with me or not.

cheers.

Advertisement: