News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Quick Translation

Started by Bugo, October 17, 2010, 12:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaghdadGhost

do you use any FTP software at all?

krash661

Quote from: Bugo on December 23, 2011, 03:26:59 PM
No, you need put mod archive to Package dir and then uninstall mod via Package Manager area.
can you explain how to do this?, i dont understand

BaghdadGhost

check your personal messages

krash661

Bugo,
do you think the old version conflicts with new version?or changes anything?..cause if not,then it doesn't matter that the old version is installed.but at this moment,it seems like it doesn't matter..everything appears to be fine so far.

teos55

Great mod, thanks ...

One thing to clerify, installed 0.7 ( without newhooks) and it shows only oneline "translate" in the posts in the topic and translates to English only and to original.

Sometimes members post in other languages as well,  like italian.  There is no dropdown language selection menu.

Is it working as designed, am I suppose to customize something ?

All the best

BaghdadGhost

Quoteand translates to English only and to original.

Hi teos55,

could you please advice how did you manage to make it translate to original also? mine just translates from original to english.

thank you

teos55

The clickable text "translate"  switches to "show original" ...

BaghdadGhost

Quote from: teos55 on January 02, 2012, 05:54:05 PM
The clickable text "translate"  switches to "show original" ...

thanks but this does not mean it translates from english to original.

teos55

Oooops sorry, misunderstood .  Yes you're right,  english text is not translated to original language. 

Surferbird

Why the icon translate.png not show up on messages?

The language choice only shows up on main page, nowhere else?

I have installed this Quick Translation into version 202. does this have something to do with this?
All parse for 202 version is done, but something is missing, the arrow image in messages. There
is only the "TRanslate" text bold and it seems to working.

I would appreciate help with this problem!

Thanks in advance :)
.:: Always something to ask - always grateful for assistance ::.

teos55

No reply yet ...

Quote from: teos55 on January 02, 2012, 05:03:00 PM
  Great mod, thanks ...

One thing to clerify, installed 0.7 ( without newhooks) and it shows only oneline "translate" in the posts in the topic and translates to English only and to original.

Sometimes members post in other languages as well,  like italian.  There is no dropdown language selection menu.

All the best

BaghdadGhost

Quote from: teos55 on January 10, 2012, 04:11:26 AM
No reply yet ...

Quote from: teos55 on January 02, 2012, 05:03:00 PM
  Great mod, thanks ...

All the best

I also hope that Bugo consider adding an option to translate back from English to site language. He recommended to use google translate mod bit it just ruins the whole display of the page.

Surferbird

Author doesn't bader to reply, why?
.:: Always something to ask - always grateful for assistance ::.

Bugo

Author wants to you read a description.

Abavagada

I apologize, in case someone asked this question already.
With the change in Google API access, this mod now works only with SMF 2.0.
Is there a chance it can be made to work again with SMF 1.1?

OCJ

You were right in your mod description... it doesnt work! No link for translation showing.

Doesn't work? Just intall New Hooks package!
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=405224.msg3226439#msg3226439

The linked reply gives no  information about the ' new hooks package. No link no location, nothing in search of smf mods using the keyword 'hooks'.

As this was just updated what is going on?

Mod Name:
    Quick Translation
Created By:
    Bugo
Type:
    Socialization
First Created:
    October 10, 2010, 01:46:53 AM
Last Modified:
    September 28, 2012, 02:26:36 PM

Bugo

OCJ

Needed for what?

QuoteDescription: The modification can be used to translate a text in all the languages provided by the API.

API...? Not very clear what is Api you talking about. This is SMF languages or just what you decided?

It only works from 'other languages' to English on our site. Not from say, English to Japanese which is needed.

OCJ

If it is from other languages to only English and Russian, I think you should clearly state that in the mod description on the mod page.
Now looking a the 7 pages of replies, many people were confused. It would save everyone, including yourself, a lot of time by stating exactly what it does.

Advertisement: