News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Adding A portal

Started by protankerx, October 18, 2010, 01:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

protankerx

Yo guys im new to smf forums and im wondering why i cant add a portal
i know how to add it but if i want to instal it it says this: You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

Can some one help me to fix it?

Reefie

make sure the packages directory on the ftp is set writable ie 777 that should sort it

A world without a reef is a world in chaos

protankerx

Where can i change it to 777?

Reefie

on your ftp,right click packages folder then  click file permissions,probably show 755,just change to 777 then save

A world without a reef is a world in chaos

protankerx

its going automaticly back to 0775 -.-

Matthew K.

ARG01

Not being able to change file permissions may have something to do with where you are hosted at. Some free hosts do not allow file permission changes. If you pay for hosting you may want to ask your host about permissions in file changes.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

protankerx

well i got hxxp:000webhost.com [nonactive] idk if you can add a portal with it?

Alex P.

I would go to 000webhost's support forums, or open a support ticket and ask about modifying file permissions if you are having trouble editing them. As stated above, some free hosts won't let you edit the permissions.

Please do not PM me for support.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi protankerx, any updates on this? :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: