The default theme's directory is wrong, please correct it by clicking this text.

Started by sattninja, October 20, 2010, 01:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sattninja

hi my host had a major hardware crash and my site is backup but i have this message across the top of the screen

The default theme's directory is wrong, please correct it by clicking this text.

my theme directory is

/old/home/appfuzio/public_html/Themes/default

also all the letters on my site are huge

can someone help me to fix this
Running Rc4

kat

As it asked you to click on the text, did you do that?

If you did and it didn't help, you might try this:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=663

sattninja

Running Rc4

kat

If you go to Admin>Themes and layout>Theme settings, then click on the default theme, what's entered in the box labelled "This theme's directory:"?

Are the absolute paths in the other two boxes correct?

sattninja

i have tried everything i have restored numerous backups database and files and it stay the same

can it be something with the host ???
Running Rc4

WillyP

Every forum I've installed the theme directory has the domain in it, something like this:

/misc/2/user/web/somedomain.com/Themes/default

Are you sure your directory is correct?

sattninja

i dont know man i have tried all different combinations and nothing works
Running Rc4

WillyP

Go to Admin > Server Settings > Database and Paths and get the contents from 'SMF directory', copy that and add  '/Themes/default' after that.  Note the uppercase T in themes, paths are case sensitive.

sattninja

Running Rc4

rockyshwedel

Thanks WillyP.   Your suggestion to sattninja worked for me too. 

I'm a newbie to this so I'm not sure why or how the problem even occurred.  Is it possible that my hosting company changed the server address without telling me or without me noticing?  I say this because when I copied the url from the Admin Server settings there was a small change in path statement and I sure hadn't changed anything there. 

In any case, thanks again WillyP!

Advertisement: