News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[SMF 2.0 RC3]In desperate need of help!

Started by xibrendanx3, October 24, 2010, 02:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xibrendanx3

I have way too many problems to list off here.

Here are some basic things I need help with.

1. Installing / Uninstalling mods is messed up...

2. My FTP is acting up.

3. Google or BING doesn't feel like giving me the answers i seek.

I am using 000webhost. I am willing to transfer to another free hosting site like x10hosting, just need to know how to use it.

I have Teamviewer, so if you do too, I will be more than willing to let you connect to me and help me that way

I have MSN: [email protected]

here are my forums: http://www.nb-forum.comoj.com/ [nofollow]

PM me here, or on there.

Thanks!

~xibrendanx3

xenovanis

Well, as a matter of fact I've been trying to transfer files to 000webhost too. I've been on it all day, but it's not working today. Give up and try tomorrow. There's to much traffic right now.

There's nothing we can do about it, unfortunately :(
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

ARG01

This cannot be stated enough. If you host at 000webhost then you will more than likely run into many issues that you will have absolutely no control over. Your best bet is to spend the three to four bucks a month for a basic hosting package. At the very least you will have no transfer file limits, you will never use all of the available disc space, you have access to daily backups and better support than what you are getting now.
The bottom line is that 000webhost and most other free web hosts just don't cut it when it comes to options. In short, 000webhost sucks potato's.

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Powerbob

Quote from: G1 on October 24, 2010, 08:12:45 PM
This cannot be stated enough. If you host at 000webhost then you will more than likely run into many issues that you will have absolutely no control over. Your best bet is to spend the three to four bucks a month for a basic hosting package. At the very least you will have no transfer file limits, you will never use all of the available disc space, you have access to daily backups and better support than what you are getting now.
The bottom line is that 000webhost and most other free web hosts just don't cut it when it comes to options. In short, 000webhost sucks potato's.

;)
Ditto :)

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

xenovanis

I setup a testforum there just to get familiar with their settings. There was a time we got a lot of support requests from users who had their site hosted there.

About a week ago it was removed because of inactivity  ??? Just like that. Really, what's that about?

Anyway, got it back up now. Or for now  :D For as long as it takes.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

scoops09

Quote from: G1 on October 24, 2010, 08:12:45 PM

;)

My hosting company is running a $2.95 special right now and they are AMAZING! I use Ultra Website Hosting out of Seattle. They offer everything the major hosts do BUT their customer service is out of this world! I'm a novice and the patience and time they've shown me is unheard of lol. Oh and that $2.95 special comes with unlimited everything!!!

It's definitely worth the money to avoid those hassles from 000webhost & others like them!

xibrendanx3

I was thinking of using x10hosting. I heard it was way better than 000webhost and I wont run into problems when installing anything.

I will think about the paid services, but alas, I wont be able to do much until I graduate high school and am able to come home after I join the United States Marine Corps.

Once I do that, I will be able to pay for everything. I still might need help though ;P

scoops09

Quote from: xibrendanx3 on October 25, 2010, 04:03:04 PM
I was thinking of using x10hosting. I heard it was way better than 000webhost and I wont run into problems when installing anything.

I will think about the paid services, but alas, I wont be able to do much until I graduate high school and am able to come home after I join the United States Marine Corps.

Once I do that, I will be able to pay for everything. I still might need help though ;P

I have a domain that's going to be used for a 'collaboration' project where people can create their own sites via having their own free sub-domain. You're welcome to use that if you'd like. I'd be willing to give you (or anyone reading this for that matter) a free sub-domain. I know it's not ideal & stinks not having your own domain but its an option. The domain is Virtual-Empire so you'd have something like, mysite.virtual-empire.com

Not a great solution but it's an option. You'd have unlimited EVERYTHING (data, space, emails, ftp, etc..)

Advertisement: