News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Checking config etc.

Started by Firefrog, June 29, 2005, 12:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefrog

Hi all

I am half way through moving my mambo site with a bridged smf. I am running on a temporary server to do testing before changing the DNS. I have mambo working but login is broken somehow.

I have done the obvious by changing the path in the component - smf forum config and have changed the forum info and database info in settings.php.

my main page displays properly but then clicking on forum or attempting a login everything stalls and only the header loads.
Have I missed something?

to see the temp site and how it behaves

Thanks for any tips!!

[Unknown]

Are you sure you have corrected all the paths and URLs for SMF?

What is repair_settings.php?

-[Unknown]

Firefrog

I have run repair_settings.php and have some strange results. I will check that I have everything correct.

Firefrog

Can anyone suggest where to look to fix these errors?

Warning: main($boarddir . '/Sources'/QueryString.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/safire/public_html/boards/SSI.php on line 49

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '$boarddir . '/Sources'/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/safire/public_html/boards/SSI.php on line 49

Notice: (null)(): Username/Password Mismatch (errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0

Notice: (null)(): POP3 connection broken in response (errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0

I have run repair settings - I verified everything appeared ok with my new servers settings save for any stupid oversights.

[Unknown]

Run it again, make sure to choose the recommended settings.

-[Unknown]

Firefrog

Funny how you get tunnel vision when stressed.
I hadn't checked carefully enough that the recommended settings where used, which meant I had an old path hanging around - now fixed.
And I uploaded my smf file structure again just to be sure and it appears all is well. Thanks for the tips got me thinking in the right direction.  :D

Advertisement: