News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

redis cache for SMF (predis)

Started by danielrichter, May 15, 2022, 04:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielrichter

FrizzleFried

What benefit does redis bring to the table for the typical SMF forum?

Arantor

So caching in general is about reducing server load.

Different cache systems handle the load differently, file based vs memcache vs Redis vs other options.

That said if you're not on a VPS you almost certainly don't have access to a Redis instance to have it store the data for you...

PrimalPrime

Any chance of it being compatible with 2.13 or 2.14?

Diego Andrés

Did you have issues with it?
Should probably work fine, it's using hooks.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

PrimalPrime

No, I'm kind of coward with this stuff. Even to try it on the test site will scare me to death, even with your seeming assurance. I'll probably work up the guts though. Thank you.

PrimalPrime

So, no go. After install,the option for redis doesn't appear.

danielrichter

Quote from: PrimalPrime on July 08, 2023, 04:38:57 PMSo, no go. After install,the option for redis doesn't appear.

Please make sure the Hook is activated, you can find the activated hooks under the hooks section in ACP.

PrimalPrime

Hi, thank you for the assistance. There are two entries and both are listed as active but still the redis option doesn't appear in the caching options. Thank you

integrate_helpadmin   Function: SMF\Cache\APIs\Redis::integrate_helpadmin
Included file: $sourcedir/Cache/APIs/Redis.php   ./Sources/Cache/APIs/Redis.php      

integrate_update_settings_file   Function: SMF\Cache\APIs\Redis::integrate_update_settings_file
Included file: $sourcedir/Cache/APIs/Redis.php   ./Sources/Cache/APIs/Redis.php

Massl

Unfortunately I confirm... SMF 2.1.4 and there is no option to activate Redis
Thanks

EDIT: Sorry, I see now that the option is visible only if a Redis server is available.

There is a way to use a socket connection instead TCP?

Advertisement: