SMF 1.1.13, SMF 2.0 RC4 Security Patch, and SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 5

Started by Norv, February 11, 2011, 03:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

Quote from: joey791 on April 07, 2011, 03:26:59 PM
Quote from: The Zonemaster on April 07, 2011, 02:48:11 PM
Exactly. :) The team is doing it's best to get Final out as soon as possible. Someone on UBB said once "I prefer a slow, but good development rather than a rapid, bugfull development". So it's your choise: what do you prefer?

The first public beta for 2.0 was in 2008, I prefer a little faster.
* Yoshi2889 makes a face as if he wants to say: Stuuuuuuuuupid

You like buggy software? Go for it.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

kat

Quote from: feline on April 07, 2011, 03:40:37 PM
But while the SMF director do nothing to acquire  new developer, the final is long away...
My 2 cent...

If we had God, himself, developing SMF, IT CAN'T BE RELEASED UNTIL THE TRANSFER IS COMPLETE!!!!

Sheesh...

joey791

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 07, 2011, 03:40:42 PM
Quote from: joey791 on April 07, 2011, 03:26:59 PM
Quote from: The Zonemaster on April 07, 2011, 02:48:11 PM
Exactly. :) The team is doing it's best to get Final out as soon as possible. Someone on UBB said once "I prefer a slow, but good development rather than a rapid, bugfull development". So it's your choise: what do you prefer?

The first public beta for 2.0 was in 2008, I prefer a little faster.
* Yoshi2889 makes a face as if he wants to say: Stuuuuuuuuupid

You like buggy software? Go for it.

Wow name calling, thats mature

青山 素子

The problem here is that the current team behind SMF has pinned the release date on the transfer of assets to a different corporation (instead of, ya know, releasing it under the old corporation for now...) and a changed license under the new corporation (instead of using the existing, though flawed, license for one more release). One of the signers of the transfer documents is currently involved in a house move (at least, that's what was said earlier here) and can't sign the paperwork until after the move.

It's kinda difficult to place a date and time when the release of 2.0 final is dependent on both people that do this as a hobby, and the back-and-forth of legal things.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

SleePy

Thank you for your responses, kudos and comments.  If you need support for SMF, please locate the appropriate support board to do so.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: