News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Candidate 4 and SMF 1.1.12 have been released

Started by Norv, November 01, 2010, 02:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkie101

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Awwwwweesome teammm!!! woohoo..!! Post-Halloween release.. :P ;D

Yahmez

Great Job!

Should this news be on the front/home page?

KensonPlays

rd

Oh wow, I am so slow, lol. Just heard this, great job guys!

lol, some of the team posts made it seem like it would take another month, anyways great to see the release.

* Royalduke goes to upgrade 4 of his forums.

KensonPlays

rjckE

pecado

No one of my boards updated from 1.11 to 1.12 by builded feature. I'll have to upgrade all of them manually.
Something is wrong in feature, patch or mod solution, isn't it?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: pecado on November 01, 2010, 05:50:33 PM
No one of my boards updated from 1.11 to 1.12 by builded feature. I'll have to upgrade all of them manually.
Something is wrong in feature, patch or mod solution, isn't it?
Open a topic here with the issues you face? http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=9.0

catfished

I have 3 forums using 1.1.11 and when I click on recommended that you update your forum to the latest version as soon as possible. It only takes a minute! I get the below error on all three forums so I assume I'm not the only one?
An Error Has Occurred! The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.         
You use and like this forum software? Then show your appreciation and support by becoming a Charter Member.

CatfishEd.com

rd

Quote from: catfished on November 01, 2010, 05:52:42 PM
I have 3 forums using 1.1.11 and when I click on recommended that you update your forum to the latest version as soon as possible. It only takes a minute! I get the below error on all three forums so I assume I'm not the only one?
An Error Has Occurred! The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.         

I believe upgrades from 1.1.11 to 2.0 must be done manually.

Go to the download site, get the RC4 large upgrade, upload all files and folders and travel to yourdomain.tld/upgrade.php if SMF files are in root.

sawz

4 different forums, the link in the admin panel for the upgrade to 1.1.12 says:

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

so i am having to do it through the package manager. these are all forums that are 1.1.11

just so you know.
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

kat

Quote from: Royalduke on November 01, 2010, 05:54:26 PM

I believe upgrades from 1.1.11 to 2.0 must be done manually.

Go to the download site, get the RC4 large upgrade, upload all files and folders and travel to yourdomain.tld/upgrade.php if SMF files are in root.

Confirmed.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/en/Upgrading#Uploading_SMF

rd

Quote from: sawz on November 01, 2010, 05:55:36 PM
4 different forums, the link in the admin panel for the upgrade to 1.1.12 says:

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

so i am having to do it through the package manager. these are all forums that are 1.1.11

just so you know.

Oh ooops, I didn't see that 1.1.12 had come out as well. Glad to see it out though, cheers.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

True that. I just tested it. I'll inform the team about it. Thanks :)

rd

QuoteConfirmed.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/en/Upgrading#Uploading_SMF

Wiki looks great, good work on that as well :)

Does the bottom still say LLC? or has it already changed?

Oya

bottom still says llc since i guess the transition to npo is not yet finished

rd

Quote from: Oya on November 01, 2010, 06:01:17 PM
bottom still says llc since i guess the transition to npo is not yet finished

Mmm, well, that won't change anything but I think an update with NPO would have been better in the long run but I am happy that RC4 is released.

Advertisement: