SMF 2.0 Candidate 4 and SMF 1.1.12 have been released

Started by Norv, November 01, 2010, 02:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bot Chatterbox

Thanks for the 1.1.12

Why there is no updater 2.0rc3 -> 2.0rc4 like i used few years ago for 1.1rc1 -> 1.1rc2 -> 1.1rc3 -> ...
That's not good !

Where we can see what change between 2.0rc3 and 2.0rc4 ?

Thanks.
Forums SGS Games! ( SMF 2.0 RC3 - TinyPortal 1.5 Beta-2 )
Give Peace A Chance & Be Seeing You!

XSeb74

Crashed all my special chars.

I used Small update on UTF-8 forum in french

Quote from: Bot Chatterbox on November 05, 2010, 04:09:44 AM
here

Bot Chatterbox

Quote from: XSeb74 on November 05, 2010, 05:05:39 AM
Crashed all my special chars.

I used Small update on UTF-8 forum in french

here

Thanks for the link,

small update look like a large update :o

Herdervriend

I hope I can install the mods I had before soon enough. Still nice:) Lucky my server does the work for me, so 3 clicks and I have installed this thing without errors:)

#Pascal

Thanks for the 1.1.12

Why there is no updater 2.0rc3 -> 2.0rc4 like i used few years ago for 1.1rc1 -> 1.1rc2 -> 1.1rc3 -> ...
That's not good !

Thanks.
same question

Oya

because an upgrade package would be enormous to produce (truly enormous) since there were so many changes between the files

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

There has never been package manager updates for RC versions as far as I know, and there will not be any either as far as I can tell.
Package manager updates are available for stable releases, and will be made available for 2.0 after final.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

青山 素子

That's not good !

The small update or large upgrade archive will upgrade your 2.0 installs. As is always the case with a pre-release version, there is no package manager upgrade.

Quote from: PascalCX on November 05, 2010, 09:02:45 AM
same question

Easy to do yourself!

Download the full install of RC3 and of RC4. Extract these into different directories. Now, use WinMerge, Meld, or DiffMerge to view all the changes between the releases. You can also use diff if you like that.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Bot Chatterbox

Quote from: LexArma on November 05, 2010, 09:20:22 AM
Package manager updates are available for stable releases, and will be made available for 2.0 after final.

Ok i stay on rc3 and when Final Version come, i'll use a large update :D

Thanks for the reply.

Burridge

I used the Small update package on my site (not the one in my signature), from RC3 to RC4, and didn't have a single problem. RC4 is great! :D

青山 素子

Quote from: Bot Chatterbox on November 05, 2010, 10:56:01 AM
Ok i stay on rc3 and when Final Version come, i'll use a large update :D

Keep in mind that there are security fixes in RC4 that you'll be leaving unpatched until that time.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

~Dragon~

Please do not PM or email, Thank respond please post fast to SMF!

impreza

Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Citizen Erased

Hi, I just wanna ask something. The copyright didn't need some update?

QuotePowered by SMF 2.0 RC4 | SMF © 2006–2009, Simple Machines LLC