News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Candidate 4 and SMF 1.1.12 have been released

Started by Norv, November 01, 2010, 02:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

Quote from: johnnynine on November 19, 2010, 12:30:49 PM
Is there a recommended procedure for upgrading from 2.0 RC3 to RC4 when mods have been installed?

**snip**

Do I need to uninstall all mods before upgrading from RC3 to RC4 and then install the updated mods that are marked as working with RC4?

In general, this is the recommended procedure for a development release. If you use the large upgrade package, you won't need to uninstall as all modified SMF files will be overwritten. You will probably need to clear out the package manager afterward (delete the modifications to remove from the list), however.

Quote from: Asking on November 19, 2010, 12:34:35 PM
Is it possible to convert a MyBB (1.6) forum to SMF 2.0 RC4?

If there is a converter for it, yes. It looks like 1.4 is the most recent. You are welcome to request a converter for version 1.6. To do so, go to the converter download section and follow the link at the top to make a request.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

willerby

Quote from: johnnynine on November 19, 2010, 12:30:49 PM
Is there a recommended procedure for upgrading from 2.0 RC3 to RC4 when mods have been installed?

I've read this thread and didn't see any instructions pertaining to that.

The Upgrade Instructions also don't indicate this.

The Upgrades page doesn't have anything for RC4, which is understandable since it's a RC.

The Downloads page has Large Upgrade and Small Update installs and the Large Upgrade does mention modifications but there is not enough information for me to be confident that the modifications won't be overwritten or cause other issues.

Do I need to uninstall all mods before upgrading from RC3 to RC4 and then install the updated mods that are marked as working with RC4?

Thanks

I had this problem and worked systematically through it last time I upgraded as per this post...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=325928.msg2173961#msg2173961

Worked for me
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

stevewckrt

Wonderful! A new milestone for RC4! Gz to all developers! So now everyone is looking forward to gold.

meetdilip

Congrats all. Hope the WYSIWYG editor is bug free now. Had a lot of headache in the previous version (I reported too). It will be nice if you can change these Windows 98 period icons with some good looking ones.

buckers_wv

I've just upgraded a forum we have from rc3 to rc4, and here's a couple of issues I experienced:

- webinstall.php had a couple of issues, the second of which I couldnt solve so had to upgrade manually
- the upgrade went through seamlessly, but when it finished and I looked at the new forum, the left and right padding from the edges of the curve frame to the edges of the browser window was set to zero which didnt look great.

Ive looked at the CSS, and the new code for the body tag is:

body
{
   background: #E9EEF2 url(../images/theme/backdrop.png) repeat-x;
   font: 78%/130% "Verdana", "Arial", "Helvetica", sans-serif;
   margin: 0 auto;
   padding: 15px 0;
}

Another forum I have that is running RC3, has 5% for the second padding value, and I've now changed it back to that on the new RC4 installation, which solves the issue.

Strangely enough though, Ive just looked at the same CSS on this Simple Machines forum, and that doesnt have the padding issue, but has the same CSS code above.

Chris.

Kindred

Quote from: Norv on November 01, 2010, 02:30:09 PM
Finally - please do not use this topic for support requests. You will get a much quicker and better response by posting in the relevant support board!
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lucas-ruroken

Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

Gary

For most people. Apparently so. <insert team member locking this topic here>
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The CSS issue, is not an issue with CSS, but with a lost width setting - can happen on upgrades. See the theme settings, adjust width to 95% to get the old look back ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Norv

I would rather keep this topic open. :)

I would ask again, though, to start a new topic for support.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Jonsonn

Thanks for your great information. I learn something.

Rohan_

Hi,

i am having an issue while updating..

You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

i have set all files writable and still having this issue.. what to do ?

EDIT.. ISSUE SOLVED
Proud To Be An Indian

MR.John

How can I upload it to my forum hxxp:www.narutoland.smfnew.com [nonactive] after I download it whats next ?

Kindred

Mr John...

Quote from: Kindred on November 22, 2010, 04:32:34 PM
Quote from: Norv on November 01, 2010, 02:30:09 PM
Finally - please do not use this topic for support requests. You will get a much quicker and better response by posting in the relevant support board!

and when you do ask for support, please indicate the version you are working FROM and TO...

However, that being said...   I just realized that you are using smfnew (which is not related to simplemachines.org at all).   You will have to ask them when they will upgrade, since smfnew does not allow individual admins to add packages for mods, upgrades or themes
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lucas-ruroken

Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

ThePro

Quote from: MR.John on November 28, 2010, 09:38:07 AM
How can I upload it to my forum www.narutoland.smfnew.com after I download it whats next ?

SMFNEW forums will be updated automatly, just wait a little bit.

Advertisement: