Manually updating 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 AND 1.1.15 to 1.1.16 (UPDATED!)

Started by Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R), November 01, 2010, 07:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toothmkr57

So, now that there is the 2.0 gold release, can I upgrade from 1.1.13 without issues?
tia,
Paul

Platonium

Help please
Critical Error!
The upgrade script cannot find script.js or it is out of date. Make sure your theme paths are correct. You can download a setting checker tool from the Simple Machines Website
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=438128.0
:(

kathiemt

Mine is currently 1.1.12 and there is notification to upgrade but whenever I click on it, it produces an error message.  It appears the download link is incorrect and I have no idea why. 

http://lysterfieldmtb.com/forum/index.php?action=pgdownload;auto;package=http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/downloads/smf_patch_1.0.21_1.1.13.tar.gz;sesc=7c3f9a88830f91ba97c811e018e7250d

ulysses

The link in the Admin area that says "You can install this patch (click here to install) to update your version of SMF to 1.1.14." does not work and returns a 404.

I have however found what it was trying to link to - smf_patch_1.1.14.tar.gz

Now what do we do with this file to upgrade it?

Illori

please open a separate thread for your issues, this thread is not for support.

ulysses

Sorry. I thought it was a thread about updating 1.1.13 to 1.1.14

I will look for a support thread on the same subject.

BaghdadGhost

All SMF Team members,

thank you so much for the continuous updates  :) . I have 2 questions in this regard

1. My forum is currently using SMF2 RC4 security patch installed, does the mentioned manual installation from 2.0 to 2.0.1 apply on my case if I want to update manually from 2 rc4 to 2.0.1?

2. is there a difference between updating manually and updating using the update package or re-installing a fresh new version of 2.0.1 then installing my forum database?

thanks in advance

Illori

you need to use the large upgrade package, and this thread is not for support, you are best to open your thread.

Upgrading SMF

BaghdadGhost

Quote from: Illori on October 05, 2011, 12:25:25 PM
you need to use the large upgrade package, and this thread is not for support, you are best to open your thread.

Upgrading SMF

Thank you for the reply. apologize for posting here. I opened a new topic as you suggested.

Miss KJ

Hi,

Here is some of the problem that i faced when i upgrade my forum from 1.1.14 to 1.1.15. when upgrading, there are no any problems showed and the forum is stable. However, after 3 weeks, the forum goes down and i wondering what's the problems? I found that it is due to the filename language and maybe due to the theme.

Please advice on how to avoid from this error occurred again since on the moment of upgrading, there is no any statement state the theme or etc cant support the latest version of the forum.

Thanks

preacherman

Not sure if this is the right place for this question or not. I used the upgrade.php option and got this error message on step 14 of 19.
Error retrieving information on step: Rebuilding fulltext index... (Item: 108)
Could someone tell me what to do to fix this?

Illori

please open a separate thread for your issue, as that does not relate to this thread.

Advertisement: