Manually updating 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 AND 1.1.15 to 1.1.16 (UPDATED!)

Started by Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R), November 01, 2010, 07:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Hey all!
Many of you might require manual edits for your 2.0.1 forum in order to update to 2.0.2 because of "Failed Test" errors and other reasons. You can find the manual edits for this transition/update here: SMF 2.0.1 to SMF 2.0.2

In addition to the 2.0.x stable series publicly available, we also maintain the 1.1.x series here at Simple Machines Forum. You can find the manual edits for this transition/update here: SMF 1.1.15 to SMF 1.1.16

Similarly, you can find manual updates for rest of the 2.0.x and 1.1.x series by going to the updates page. Simply click on the package and it will show you the manual edits.

Thank you,
Simple Machines Team.

wedost.com

I have converted my forum http://forum.wedost.com/ to 1.1.12. It is the easiest way to do and took 1 hour.

NanoSector

Quote from: wedost.com on November 06, 2010, 03:34:35 AM
I have converted my forum http://forum.wedost.com/ to 1.1.12. It is the easiest way to do and took 1 hour.
:o

Converting my forum to 2.0 RC4 took 2 mins..
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

impreza

I manually upgraded and everything works fine
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

vladoniki

Dear frends, I would like to upgrade my smf 1.1.11 to 1.1.12. I have downloaded the update file and I have read the "readme.html".  In it it is typed - "...some FTP clients have been known to drop files.". What FTP client do I have to use to upload the update files, which will not drop the files? Please recommend а appropriate program.

Many thanks in advance!

Paul_Pauline

I use "Filezilla" It is free and has never let me down !

If you decide to use it, be sure to change the default method of transfering files from "Auto"  to  "Binary"
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

vladoniki

Thnaks! I have set it to "Binary". I will try to upgrade tonight.  :)

P.S. I am ready with the upgrade. I think everything is OK! :)

stfur

Manual in Manual.spanish_es from the spanish language package is in english. Should be updated (on the forum I have found manual in spanish for RC) - attached.

mariusfv

Hi,
Few questions :
1. If I will manually upgrade from SMF 1.1.11 to SMF 1.1.12 my installed mods should work and don't must uninstall them... no ?
2. If manually upgrade will show SMF 2006-2010 ? or will remain 2006 - 2009 ?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: stfur on November 17, 2010, 11:34:58 AM
Manual in Manual.spanish_es from the spanish language package is in english. Should be updated (on the forum I have found manual in spanish for RC) - attached.
Thank you :) I'll notify the admins about it.

Quote from: mariusfv on November 21, 2010, 02:49:32 PM
Hi,
Few questions :
1. If I will manually upgrade from SMF 1.1.11 to SMF 1.1.12 my installed mods should work and don't must uninstall them... no ?
2. If manually upgrade will show SMF 2006-2010 ? or will remain 2006 - 2009 ?

1. The mods should work in most cases. However if there are conflicting codes, you might have to ask someone to look into it. You can use the package manager update packages aswell. It will not break any of your mods.

2. I think it wasn't changed to 2010 yet. However, if I may ask, why is that of any concern? :)

ibmorjamn

I don't know if this is the right place for this but here goes .
I have version 1.1.11 and trying to upgrade I get an error message :
Execute Modification ./Sources/ManageSmileys.php Test failed

It has been a while since I worked on this but it is a custom theme. I am guessing that some manual edit needs to be done to the smileys source list in the core theme. ?

Illori

please open your own topic so your issue can be tracked without getting lost.

studiowi33

SMF 2.0.2

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: ibmorjamn on March 15, 2011, 12:55:18 PM
I don't know if this is the right place for this but here goes .
I have version 1.1.11 and trying to upgrade I get an error message :
Execute Modification ./Sources/ManageSmileys.php Test failed

It has been a while since I worked on this but it is a custom theme. I am guessing that some manual edit needs to be done to the smileys source list in the core theme. ?

There is nothing much to be done over the theme files. It is a source file. Simply go on the link in the first post and follow the edits of ManageSmileys.php

Make sure that you are not duplicating the code just incase. ;)

ernomo98

Hello together, it's possible to upgrade from 1.1.11 to RC2.0?

NanoSector

Quote from: ernomo98 on June 05, 2011, 04:28:24 PM
Hello together, it's possible to upgrade from 1.1.11 to RC2.0?
I would wait until 2.0 Gold is released, then you can upgrade in one step.
Else you will have to upgrade in two steps, and lose all your 2.x mods.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

cyberdyne

Manual update seemed to work fine here, all mods appear to be working.

Many thanks for keeping the board safe.
Using:
v.1.1.16
Custom theme (modified SMF Default Theme - Core)
AND
v.2.0.1
Custom theme (modified Bright Forest)

Advertisement: