News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.0 RC4 Possible bugs (first-time reporter)

Started by AD/vh, November 03, 2010, 05:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AD/vh

I believe I may have found some issues with RC4.  Forgive me if I am doing this wrong; first time bug reporter.  This is a clean install of RC4, no mods, Apache/MySQL not sure what flavors.  (Bluehost.)

1) When a global mod changes a user's avatar by uploading a new one, the new avatar shows up as a broken image for the global mod afterwards (eta: in modify profile screen at time of modification ONLY) even though the image works successfully for others. (Image format I used was jpg, in case this matters.)

2) If I change the location of the Themes directory in the admin interface (Themes and Layout > Theme Settings) the themes in the new directory will show up properly, but adding new themes and duplicating existing ones does not work properly (seems to look for pre-defined Themes directory).

3) There is some weirdness on the News area of the admin screen for global moderators only, in the Core theme.  (Note that I have recolored BUT NOT changed any structural CSS or any templates in Core.)  Screenshot posted at http://cannoli.ixvi.net/bugs/bugreport.jpg for reference (since "weirdness" is not any sort of accurate description).

I'm not entirely sure what other info to add to make this report useful; let me know,  and I will add it.

-cannoli

Advertisement: