News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

2.0 RC4 Sorry, but you're not allowed to register multiple accounts at the same

Started by ACPh, November 05, 2010, 07:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACPh

Sorry, but you're not allowed to register multiple accounts at the same time from the same computer.

How to disable this security feature?
Some of my officemate sharing the same computer and wants to register to my forum.

[EDIT]
3 Registration works when I tried using 3 different browser(opera, ff & safari), this could a bugs.
But still, how to disable this sec feature?

xenovanis

I don't know if you can disable it. It's a security measure to prevent mass registration from the same computer.

You could bypass it by clearing your cookies after each registration.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I should think that it could be worked around by emptying browser cache in between registrations. Have you tried?

EDIT: Got ninja'd :P
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

ACPh

xenovanis

Quote from: LexArma on November 05, 2010, 07:55:51 AM
I should think that it could be worked around by emptying browser cache in between registrations. Have you tried?

EDIT: Got ninja'd :P

By a girl, even :P

I can't test this right now, but for as far as I know clearing the cookies for the particular domain should work.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Road Rash Jr.

Was that from a new install? I did a large update from RC3 to RC4 and just registered 3 new accounts from the same computer without getting this message.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Paul_Pauline

I vaguely seem to remember from a while back, that you could register multiple accounts from the same terminal, but not during the same session   :P
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

ACPh

@Road Rash:
Fresh Install

@Paul_Pauline:
I tried using proxy, but still same probs with registration.
Logging in using same proxy and using existing account encounter no problem.

wynnyelle

Definitely a problem I'd say needs a fix, and thanks for the heads up about it--so I don't upgrade. My site has several sets of siblings using the same household connexion and I'd never want to disable people from signing up just because someone else in their house already did.

TehCraw

I had this problem a couple days ago. I found that if you restart your browser each time you register, it works. As xenovanis said, I believe this is controlled by cookies (dated to one browser session).
Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand. - Martin Fowler

ACPh

Quote from: Road Rash on November 05, 2010, 09:17:08 AM
....and just registered 3 new accounts from the same computer without getting this message.
Registration using admins is no problem,
I encounter this prompt after clicking the "Register" using the "normal" registration process (index.php?action=register).

vbgamer45

Insert a the following setting in the smf_settings table disableRegisterCheck  and make it value of 1 to disable
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ACPh

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 06, 2010, 12:22:27 AM
Insert a the following setting in the smf_settings table disableRegisterCheck  and make it value of 1 to disable
working, big thanks.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: