Problems With Upgrade

Started by Kayes, November 05, 2010, 05:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayes

Some of my members can't stay logged on and keep getting kicked out suddenly.... even when they click the box to stay logged in. I know I need to upgrade, but every time I've tried, I get the following error:

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

I don't really have any packages installed because early in my forum's history, I installed one and my whole forum crashed. Needless to say, I'm a bit gun-shy about that possibility happening again.... I've downloaded the backup copy including table structure. Do I just close my eyes, hit the update button and pray like heck?

Kayes

If it helps, I'm getting test failed on:

Line 5  ./Sources/ManageAttachments.php

Line 12 ./Sources/Packages.php

Line 14  ./Sources/Post.php

Line 15  ./Sources/Profile.php

Line 18 ./Sources/Subs-Auth.php

kat

Which version are you upgrading from?

Come to that, what version are you trying to upgrade to?

Kayes

The admin area says:

Installations actions for "SMF 1.0.19 / 1.1.11 Update"

Does that help?

kat

Heck.. that's REALLY old, innit?

I think you have to go through the upgrades kinda sequentially.

Whatever else you do, BACKUP first, OK? Both the software and the database.

Then, get the large upgrade package http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_1-1-12_upgrade.zip

and follow the instructions that appear, in the archive.

You can't do this from Package Manager.

Kayes

Ok.... you say back up the software and the database.... I've gone to the forum maintenance- backup database and made sure all 3 checkboxes were checked... even the save table structure box... I've downloaded it 3 times to be safe... :) How do I back up the software though?

Kayes

Oh... uhm... I downloaded it, but I'm not sure where I upload it to... I clicked the Archive link and there was just a bunch of downloads there... I don't see any instructions....

Norv

Please de-archive it, and upload all files in it, in your forum folder, overwriting all your files. Then, run upgrade.php by pointing to it in your browser (http://forum/upgrade.php)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Kayes

*opens eyes*

I'm still there!!!! w00t! Thank you guys! I hope this solves my problems! *kisses*

Advertisement: