News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Homepage Fail: Due to SMF error I can fix?

Started by NathanC, November 05, 2010, 10:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NathanC

Okay, so my homepage (myacbay.com) is acting very disappointingly, and you could call it a fail, since everyone thinks my site is down. It says on the page:
QuoteInternal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at myacbay.com Port 80

And in the error log things like:
QuoteDatabase Error: Table 'mya1028210212722.connections' doesn't exist
File: /home/content/m/y/a/myacbay/html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3432
Quote2: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/home/content/m/y/a/myacbay/html/chat/inc/config.srv.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php')
Line: 3416
Quote8: Undefined index: fc_config
Line: 3418

If anyone has any idea of what is wrong, or if I should include more information, please tell me. I also wonder if I should post the source code for certain  pages, in case someone could fix the codes. Also, on my Features and Options page, it says:
QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/content/m/y/a/myacbay/html/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 195

And in the error log nothing shows up for feature settings.  :o
Apple's got an app for that. SMF's got a mod for that.

rd

Seems like a mod error judging by last thing. Try pushing in large upgrade package of your smf version :)

NathanC

Will do, thanks. But as I remember, I've had the feature setting error a bit longer, so they are two different issues.

NathanC

Hey!

Will someone please help? I'm sort of losing member faith, and some people are leaving since nothing is happening. Please help!

kat

Your last message said you were going to try something.

We assumed you'd get back, when you'd tried it, with a report about what happened.

NathanC

Okay, well it says "The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted," so it won't let me do the update. Same response for a small update.

kat

Try uploading the file into Packages, using FTP.

Then, go to Packages and apply it.

I had to do the same, on my forum.

Illori

which file are you uploading to the package manager? small/large upgrade packages are not meant to be used with the package manager. they are uploaded with FTP How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?

NathanC

Okay, thanks. I've figured out all the FTP stuff by myself with Google and the SMF article, expect one thing. I have FileZilla open to the package part, but I don't know exactly where to upload the file. What do I do next?

Illori

as i asked before, what is the file you are trying to upload?

NathanC

Illori

you cant use the large/small update files in the package manager

NathanC

Illori

kat

If you have the large upgrade, there's a read_me file, in the archive, that explains EXACTLY what you need to do, Nathan.

NathanC

Thanks, the upgrade was a success, but... my and Index pages still do, as well as the Features and Options page.

NathanC

kat

When you say that they "Don't work", you don't give us a lot to go on.

What ARE you getting?

NathanC

Did you not read the original post? Everything I'm getting is listed there. Nothing at all has changed, and remember that the feature settings issue and the homepage are different. (the homepage includes the rest of the forum parts of my SMF copy, since it's based off the homepage.)

Advertisement: