News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

how do i make 'Don't Count Posts' posts count again?

Started by steve51184, November 09, 2010, 03:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve51184

hey all i have a few boards that i've had 'Count Posts' set to off but i've set that option off and want all the old posts to 'count' how do i do this? thanks

stephenb

have you gone to maintenance  and tried running task for "RECOUNT ALL FORUM TOTALS AND STATISTICS"?

Deaks

steve51184, did stephanb's suggestion help if so can you please mark this topic as solved
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

steve51184

no it didn't help the posts are still not being counted any other ideas?

Deaks

have you tried clearing your cache? is there any errors being produced?
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

steve51184

Quote from: Runic on November 21, 2010, 06:10:18 PM
have you tried clearing your cache? is there any errors being produced?

yes and no errors :/

Kays

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

steve51184

works perfect on my test site but what about a forum with 100k members and 400k posts? lol

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Kays

Yah, I image that it could pose a bit of a load on the server while it is running. ::)

Upload a MySQL backup of your current forums to your test forum and see how it runs. Be wise to have a backup anyways before doing this.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

steve51184

Quote from: Kays on November 21, 2010, 06:42:39 PM
Yah, I image that it could pose a bit of a load on the server while it is running. ::)

Upload a MySQL backup of your current forums to your test forum and see how it runs. Be wise to have a backup anyways before doing this.

well it's on my dedicated server and it's quite powerful so it should be more than capable of doing this and yes i'm going to do two backups before i even think about doing this ;)

Kays

Good luck with it. :)

If this does resolve your issue, please mark this as solved by clicking on the green Mark Topic Solved button below.

My Mods

Advertisement: