Integrating 2.0 into Site? If impossible, how to revert... :(

Started by ckelly06, November 15, 2010, 05:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckelly06

Hello,

I just upgraded to SMF 2.0 and tried integrating it into my site's theme following the instructions here (which worked beautifully on my original SMF 1.1.11 installation):

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=145838.0

It didn't work. I now get a message saying "Unable to load the site_above template" whenever I visit my forum. I can't get into the admin section or anything, it's totally blocked. Are there updated instructions on integrating SMF 2.0 into a site's design?

If not, how can I revert to my old SMF 1.1.11 installation? I backed it up according the instructions before installing 2.0 and I have the .sql file it generated, but I don't know what to do with it and can't find any instructions for reverting to 1.x?

Thanks for your help all,

Chris
Interested in online dating? Check out the DateSphere.com Online Dating Forum!

Paul_Pauline

"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

ckelly06

Hi Paul,

I just created a copy of Default and added my old header.php and footer.php includes from my 1.1.11 installation so that my forum would be integrated into my overall site layout, but it didn't work for some reason. I was able to revert to the default 2.0 theme so I can get into my forum again, but I'm not sure how to integrate it into my site. Do you know if anyone posted an update to Daniel15's original guide for 2.0?

Thanks for your help,

Chris

Paul_Pauline

I can't say that i've seen that guide  ::)

But 1.1.xx  &  2.0.xx themes are not interchangable.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

ckelly06

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: