News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

CM2F (mail 2 forum) Port for SMF

Started by digitalgraal, July 04, 2005, 03:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanstaafl_bh

Hello,

I was very excited to find this thread - then disappointed to find out it apparently never matured...

Does anyone know if this is still being worked on? Or if there are any other options for integrating mail lists with SMF?

yuttorich

step1 [nofollow]
bass-fishing [nofollow]
baking [nofollow]
anti-aging [nofollow]
Distance Learning [nofollow]

Dreadaxe

I'm very interesting by this mod !!

drroot

very interested.

Well, the feature I need is simpler. I wish to forward all emails I received to one BBS board.

People in my group are costumed to use mailing list, so to transfer them to a forum, we need a transition period.

If we could forward every post, from a normal subscriber of a mailing list, to a board of SMF would be great, since then people won't need to receive unwanted emails everyday.

And we don't need to tell users the email address we use for the subscription of the mailing list, so there's no spam-issue here.

Arantor

Does this email address ever receive spam?

Is there an alternative way to receive notifications from this source (e.g. RSS feeds)?

drroot

Sorry for multipost.

Nope. There's no rss.

And there's no spam to this email address previously, since I just signed up for it.

Arantor

Hmm.

What type of address is it (which @ domain)? Some domains are routinely hit such that every possible address is tried.

drroot

We may use a complicated email address or even randomly generated letters so that people or machine could not guess it.

Arantor

My point is that some email provides routinely have every single possible email address being emailed, even if it is otherwise a complex address.

At one domain I own, I've had emails addressed to qetuoljgdaxvnmbczsfhkpiyrw @ that domain before now (which, in fact, was just such an address for auto-relaying of content)

青山 素子

Quote from: Arantor on October 11, 2009, 05:14:57 PM
My point is that some email provides routinely have every single possible email address being emailed, even if it is otherwise a complex address.

That's called a "catch-all".
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

drroot

Quote from: Motoko-chan on October 14, 2009, 01:47:28 AM
Quote from: Arantor on October 11, 2009, 05:14:57 PM

Well, most hosting servers allow us to set up the choice for catch-all or not.

Arantor

Quote from: Motoko-chan on October 14, 2009, 01:47:28 AM

No, I don't mean a catch-all. I do actually mean every possible address being emailed, no catch-all configured. In the example I gave this happened to me, going by the logs. Host wasn't best pleased as you can imagine.

drroot

Any mod of M2F (mailing list to forum) for SMF?

Thanks.

Advertisement: