News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

vGBX Integration - Gameboy / Gameboy Color Emulator

Started by ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ, August 10, 2010, 03:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Link to Mod

This mod will add vGBX integration to your forum. Its very similar to the vNES mod, pretty much the same thing, except its a Gameboy Emulator.

You can use this mod to play homebrew Gameboy games or old classics, please do it legally.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Ashley S

lucas-ruroken

I don't understand so much...

What does it do?

With this.... I can play a games of gameboy ? :P
Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

You can play Gameboy Roms on your forum using your keyboard

It has permissions too so you can choose which membergroups can use the emulator.

SMF 2.0 RC5

lucas-ruroken

Design your universe!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

SMF 2.0 RC5

Maever

Everything works fine apart from 1 thing.

Ive selected a few games for a selected group but if a member that isn't in the group goes to the page it shows a blank message however in the Errors.english.php file there is this line.

$txt['cannot_user_vgbx']  = 'You are not allowed to access this section';

This line isn't showing, is there some code missing within the mod? if so can i request it?

Thanks.

Maever

Futte53

hej, nu hvor jeg har install mod hvordan kan jeg så få spil ind og ligge så man kan spille i mit forum?..

colour

I provide limited support as I am just as clueless as you.

lucas-ruroken

i think, you can upload in the folder.... vgbx/roms/

Design your universe!

Jacen

Is it possible to get the rom to save? Either locally or under the users account?
"I've always found that sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems."

hiboy

What is the rom location? my screen is blank

hiboy

Anyone uses this mod before? what do i put in the rom location field?

mikedijital

you need to load the rom into the rom folder. most roms come .zip or .rar   open the archive if the rom is in one and get the rom itself out

for example you dont want to load castlevania.zip      you want to open the zip and pull out castlevania.gb

put the rom in the rom folder using your FTP client,

in the page and game title, i usually put the same thing, lets say your loading tetris,   i put in       Tetris         for both

as for getting the rom to load you need to put the absolute path to the rom for example  http://yoururl.com/forum/vnes/roms/Castlevania.gb

some of you are getting an error that wont let users access the games. try checking the member group permissions. except for the main admin, all permissions for all user groups are set to OFF upon first install.

also this will not show up on your menu untill you install at least 1 game.

where to get games, i can't advocate piracy here. but if you got google .. you can find the roms,

hope this helps

augesrob

Any Ideas how i can save the game? I have it working 100%

used hxxp:leakedforums.net/vgbx/roms/Red.gb [nonactive] for location and it plays on hxxp:leakedforums.net/index.php?action=vgbxrom1 [nonactive]

Advertisement: