Search engine Optimization (SEO) strategy for better result

Started by A.KUMAR, November 11, 2010, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.KUMAR

What are the main things to begin the SEO for a new website. and how can we achieve the top rank in search engines.what are the issues for writing  content for seo websites or Search engine friendly sites.

Mitħrandir

Have a look here.
I'd recommend you do a search, because SEO is a frequently discussed topic.
-- Mithrandir
Proud of using SMF 2.0 on http://polislife.netsons.org/forum

Gebruiker

alphacaveman

Joshua Dickerson

Quote from: Mitħrandir on November 11, 2010, 03:19:09 AM
Have a look here.
I'd recommend you do a search, because SEO is a frequently discussed topic.
Actually, just about every one of those tips on that post is completely wrong. Do some searching for Google SEO. Considering Google search owns 66% of the search market and a lot of smaller search engines base their search algorithms off it, it is worth reading up on. In addition, Bing, which is #2 uses similar keys for your search.

Meta tags are useless and can even cause negative scores. You are safer not even using them.
The URL is a very small piece of the algorithm and often is negated.
Using the same text via "global footers and headers" is the same thing as using duplicate content. I'm willing to bet that you use this as a way to throw in tons of keywords with no meaning.

It is correct on heading usage. Although, if you don't use h1, the search engine will go to your next highest heading and treat it much like h1. If it notices that h1 is used as the title of your site, which most are, it will go to h2 to find what the page title should be. It is also correct on robots.txt. You should also use canonical meta tag.

Best way to get a better search ranking: write good content that people read and will link to in a niche market.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Advertisement: