Edited subs.php, everything looks great except for ghost link

Started by colby2152, November 14, 2010, 01:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colby2152

http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?board=328.0

That is one of many examples... notice that the link to this, which is within my newly modified menu, is also found at the very right of the menu in a link without text... see the red spot to the right of the navigation menu.  How could this be happening?
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

kat

If you told us how you put that menu there, I guess we'd have a chance.

Maybe even attach the file that you've edited?

Without those, we're working blind, I think.

colby2152

ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

kat

I'm no coder, sadly.

However, 'is_last' => !$context['right_to_left'], says, to me, that the button that that appears at the end of, needs to be the... er... last one.

So, what I've done, is remove that from the previous button, "Register", and added it after the one that's not showing, "Logout".

I also removed "'show' => !$user_info['is_guest']," as you can't log out, if you're a guest.

Keep a copy of the original file, as a backup, in case I've cocked this up.

colby2152

Didn't work... also, that 'guest' link is needed or the 'Logout' will disappear.

kat

It'll only disappear for guests, won't it?

When you say "Didn't work", can you elucidate, please?

colby2152

Quote from: K@ on November 14, 2010, 03:32:49 PM
It'll only disappear for guests, won't it?

When you say "Didn't work", can you elucidate, please?

1) The 'Logout' disappeared for me, hence members.
2) The ghost link was still there.  It has something to do with my custom menus for sure as it only appears on any of the sub-menu links for the four sports menus.

kat

Editing that file should affect ALL themes, I believe.

How's it looking on others?

That ghost button seems to have disappeared, now.

But, as I'm a guest, I wouldn't see it, anyway.

Illori

no the "ghost" link i think is still there, it seems to be that "red" image/thing in the menu bar at the end. looks like the menu item is missing its text and the string is not in the language file.

colby2152

Quote from: Illori on November 14, 2010, 04:30:56 PM
no the "ghost" link i think is still there, it seems to be that "red" image/thing in the menu bar at the end. looks like the menu item is missing its text and the string is not in the language file.

Well, you see that I have four sports with sub-menus.  Whenever you click on a link in the sub-menu, the mysterious red image shows at the right with a link to the page that you clicked within that sub-menu. 

K@, you can register for free (obviously) to view the issues as a member.

kat

Poo. I just noticed that I put a line one line lower than I'd meant to.

Try this one.

If it's still silly, I'm out of ideas, I'm afraid.

colby2152

Actually, it has nothing to do with the sub-menus as other pages will have such an effect...

http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?board=9.0

kat

When I hover over the "Ghost", it's showing this URL:

So, heaven knows what that's about...

kat

Just had a thought...

What if you changed this:

'is_last' => !$context['right_to_left'],

to this:

'is_last' => true,

Line 4441.

Sorry. My mistake.

colby2152

Quote from: K@ on November 14, 2010, 04:45:22 PM
When I hover over the "Ghost", it's showing this URL:

So, heaven knows what that's about...

Yeah, the ghost link just shows the url of the page that you are currently at... that's at least if it shows...

Illori

what do you want this "link" to show? I am a bit confused as to why you have this item in your menu and what you are trying to achieve by having it there.

colby2152

Quote from: Illori on November 14, 2010, 04:55:11 PM
what do you want this "link" to show? I am a bit confused as to why you have this item in your menu and what you are trying to achieve by having it there.

It's not in my menu... this mysterious link changed per what page you are on.  I don't want it there at all.

BTW, on a related note, I would rather use the very top navigation menu only.  For example, this SimpleMachines.org forum has two nav bars... a top one and a forum one... I would like to use the top nav bar that has the following links...

* Home
    * Community
    * Download
    * Customize
          o Modifications
          o Themes
          o Upgrades
    * Support
          o Function Database
    * Online Manual
    * About
    * Contribute
    * Development

Illori

you can comment out the menu in subs.php or just remove it totally. make sure you back it up first. I dont know why that "ghost" link is showing up, did you do any changes to your site before it showed up?

colby2152

Quote from: Illori on November 14, 2010, 05:05:35 PM
you can comment out the menu in subs.php or just remove it totally. make sure you back it up first. I dont know why that "ghost" link is showing up, did you do any changes to your site before it showed up?

Nope.... just edit subs.php.  How do I utilize the top menu instead?

Illori

you would have to custom code that type of menu, same idea as what you have done to your forum menu.

Advertisement: