Edited subs.php, everything looks great except for ghost link

Started by colby2152, November 14, 2010, 01:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrsson

I would have to spend some time looking into where all the links point to before I could really fix this the way it needs to be most likely, that is if it would work to start with. But, save a backup copy and try this file. Its a long shot be its worth a try. If this doesn't work then I will try to look into it more tomorrow.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

colby2152

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on November 14, 2010, 09:52:05 PM
I would have to spend some time looking into where all the links point to before I could really fix this the way it needs to be most likely, that is if it would work to start with. But, save a backup copy and try this file. Its a long shot be its worth a try. If this doesn't work then I will try to look into it more tomorrow.

Still an issue... of course I have about 20+ additional "actions"?
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Tyrsson

Well see, that is part of the problem. Actually you have menu entries but you do not have any custom actions. The action array is in the top level index.php file and are based on what function is called. Just adding a menu item doesn't actually create a "custom action", we are trying to fool the script into thinking you have one, if that make sense.

colby2152

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on November 15, 2010, 09:59:46 AM
Well see, that is part of the problem. Actually you have menu entries but you do not have any custom actions. The action array is in the top level index.php file and are based on what function is called. Just adding a menu item doesn't actually create a "custom action", we are trying to fool the script into thinking you have one, if that make sense.

Do I need custom actions even if the links are going to boards, not actions?  Also, can I use the custom action mod to create these actions?
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Deaks

colby do you still require assistance ifnot can you mark this as solved please.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

colby2152

Quote from: Runic on November 21, 2010, 07:25:54 PM
colby do you still require assistance ifnot can you mark this as solved please.

Still pending unless I can get the "Additional Dropdown Top Menu" working.

- http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=360100

Deaks

well as the person is helping you over there I am marking this as solved.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

colby2152

colby2152

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on November 15, 2010, 09:59:46 AM

This is what I need help with for these menu changes.

colby2152

For example... some of the custom actions in the index.php file show up as...

'who' => array('Who.php', 'Who'),
                '.xml' => array('News.php', 'ShowXmlFeed'),
                'xmlhttp' => array('Xml.php', 'XMLhttpMain'),
                'form' => array('CustomForm.php', 'CustomForm'),
        );

If my links put to boards and custom pages, then how do I add an array?

Tyrsson

Sorry to have left you hanging Colby, just about to get out of the hospital from having another surgery. Will try and get back to this tomorrow or the next day, I just do not have the energy at the moment.

Tyrsson

IceXaos

Give me a couple mins and I'll get ya set up.  You created a hompage on your own, haven't ya?  When ya added the forum action to use the community tab, you forgot to add $board and $topic.

Like I said, I'll set it up and post back in a min.

/e Actually, I'm wrong.  I'll look into it and see if I can tell what's wrong.

IceXaos

You can try this out, though if you would like to allow me FTP access, then I could most likely get it much faster if you still have any problems.  (Attached)

colby2152

Quote from: IceXaos on December 17, 2010, 02:42:17 AM
You can try this out, though if you would like to allow me FTP access, then I could most likely get it much faster if you still have any problems.  (Attached)

Thanks... of course, every board and topic still has the problem as well as my custom pages?  Is this all due to the button highlight?  I really could do without the highlight action if that is causing the issue.

colby2152

Quote from: colby2152 on December 17, 2010, 06:18:19 PM
Quote from: IceXaos on December 17, 2010, 02:42:17 AM

Thanks... of course, every board and topic still has the problem as well as my custom pages?  Is this all due to the button highlight?  I really could do without the highlight action if that is causing the issue.

These menu issues are really starting to bother me.. what am I to do?

Deaks

colby do you still need help with this if so please let us know and we can help further until you let us know I am markjing this as solved.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

colby2152

Quote from: Runic on January 07, 2011, 08:53:56 PM
colby do you still need help with this if so please let us know and we can help further until you let us know I am markjing this as solved.

Still a problem...

Joker™

Umm my question may sound silly, but I don't want to read whole 3 page long thread. From what I can see in 2-3 replies that a red icon is appearing at the end of you main menu bar. Am I right, is that the only issue? If yes can you attach the latest Subs.php which you are using on your forum
http://www.profsl.com/smf/
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

colby2152

Angelina Belle

colby2152,
It looks to me as though you have removed the custom menu items from your site, and that you are not having the menu button problems you described above.

One simple alternative to the buttons menu would be to add some links in a Simpleportal BBcode or HTML block at the top of the the left blocks.

The discussion above was really confusing for me.  It sounded like "ghost" menu items were showing up to users that you had not put into the menu button array in Subs.php.  That made me think that some mod was putting them in $context['menu_buttons'], or else even adding them directly to  <div id="main_menu"> using javascript. 

Are you still pursuing this, or would it make sense to close this support topic?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Advertisement: