Groups

Started by colby2152, November 02, 2010, 02:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colby2152

I want to be able to setup groups, so that when the group leader adds a member to their group, the following happens...

Group leader edits custom profile field
Member sees group in some drop-down link in navigation menu

Any way I can do this with SMF 2.0 RC3 and mods?
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

wynnyelle

I'd like to know how to do this too actually!

colby2152

It's basically a couple features added on to the member groups where the group leader may edit an associated profile field and an associated board appears bookmarked for the member.
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

wynnyelle

You can bookmark boards? There's a mod for that??? I've been wanting to do that!

And I like the sound of these modifications you describe.

Illori

Quote from: Groovystar on November 02, 2010, 04:53:54 PM
You can bookmark boards? There's a mod for that??? I've been wanting to do that!

And I like the sound of these modifications you describe.

take a look at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=864

colby2152

Bookmarking boards is a bit different than what I want, but yes, you can do that with the mod that Illori provided.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi colby2152, if you still need assistance on this - would you mind explaining a bit further, what it is you actually want. I didn't quite understand what you are after. If however this is all sorted already, feel free to mark the topic solved ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

colby2152

Quote from: LexArma on November 15, 2010, 01:34:13 AM
Hi colby2152, if you still need assistance on this - would you mind explaining a bit further, what it is you actually want. I didn't quite understand what you are after. If however this is all sorted already, feel free to mark the topic solved ;)

It is a bit involved where I need a mod created.

Deaks

Hi if you want a mod to do this id sugges asking in Mod Request board, sorry if thats not what you are asking Ii wasnt sure if that is what you asked or not
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: