Request - Step By Step Guide to Moving SMF Forum

Started by CR Forum, November 19, 2010, 05:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CR Forum

While researching this, I found the following page: http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/wiki/TroubleShooting. I tried doing this myself but couldnt. I will need some help. I think it will nail the problem.

CR Forum

Ah! looks like we landed up on the same solution. I will need some help though with this. When you get time, please do try,
Thanks

CR Forum

I tried the fix by creating a new php file in the root directory but got the following error on opening it in the browser:

Notice: Undefined index: in /home1/clinica9/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 1620

I think I will need your expert help to solve this once we now know what the fix is.
Hope I get the much needed assistance.
Thanks

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I'll get back to you later, unless someone else cuts in before - since I'll be at work the next 7 or so hours, and unable to do much while at it.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

CR Forum

Quote from: LexArma on December 03, 2010, 02:42:51 AM
I'll get back to you later, unless someone else cuts in before - since I'll be at work the next 7 or so hours, and unable to do much while at it.
I will wait. I won't go in myself since I am not sure if I will break something. Thanks again.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

While waiting, you might want to see if this has been already answered / ask about this in Pretty URLs 1.0RC3 - Updated for SMF 2.0 RC4
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

CR Forum

Went through the thread and it seems like many folks have the same problem but no definitive fix has been provided by anybody. I will wait for you or one of your colleagues to intervene if possible.
Thanks.

CR Forum

I think I figured this out somehow. I went in to phpmyAdmin and cleared the cache from smf_pretty_urls_cache database. Everything seems to be fine as of now. I will keep testing for a while and if the problem is resolved, I will mark the topic as solved. Thanks for your help.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I'm very happy to hear you made progress - Have things been working ok now? :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

CR Forum

Completely fixed and solved !!
Thanks so much for the support.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: