News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

www. Redirect URL error

Started by ysite, November 20, 2010, 07:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysite

Hey.

My URL is AP settings is set as mysite.com. I want it to be set as www.mysite.com. Unfortunately, when I set it as www.mysite.com, and someone types in mysite.com, it would come as www.mysite.com/index.php=www.redirect!. Something like that <.<. I searched SMF and someone said I have to manually change some settings through my FTP but I have no clue what to change and how to change. I really want it as www without the junk at the back and want it to redirect to www.mysite.com when someone types in mysite.com (without wwwredirect thingy).

Please help!
Thank you.

Kindred

change all of your URL listings in the smf admin tool, including your theme urls
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ysite

I went to server settings, and database and paths. Only related things I got are Forum URL, SMF Directory, Sources Directory, Cache Directory. In forum URL, i have www. in front of it, but the other things are like: /home/mysite/public_html. etc.
Help?

ysite

i was able to change theme one from theme settings but that didn't help.

Kindred

are you using a server side redirect or an htaccess file?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ysite

I have no clue what they are lol. I use SMF on the site and I use filezilla to edit files, so im guessing htaccess. Please let me know what to do with it, and which htaccess files, cuz there are quite a few in different folders.

Kindred

???   you should probably only have .htacces in your forum root...

read this for instructions on using the htaccess
http://www.herseo.com/blog/2009/05/30/how-important-is-it-to-htaccess-redirect-to-www/
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: