News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

RC4 with TP 1.1 FAIL (Tried everything...)

Started by jncrenshaw, November 26, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

In what file is defined $txt['tp-downloads'] ?
How about $txt['tp-myarticles'] ?

Do you have an UTF8 forum?
What languages exactly (utf8 or non-utf8, too) do you have installed?
(though on RC4 that should matter less if at all).

Actually, do you still get undefined index 'tp-myarticles' or not? It may be useful to clear your error log and see if it still occurs, and what errors exactly.

Then again, mostly, I strongly recommend to post this / link this in TP thread, and wait for IchBin to update the mod to RC4. He just took it over (it's a matter of days), you could wait a bit for him to see what's up.
We cannot really help with everything without knowing well TP code or taking the time to dig into it.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

jncrenshaw

@Yoshi- the variables are set in the TPortal.english.php file. And yes. They are all there. I already double checked.

@Norv- Yah, both variables are set in the same place. TPortal.english.php. All the supposed "missing" variables are all accounted for in the same location as the actual text that appears on the site. This would lead me to believe that an extra apostrophe or something was added accidentally.

Yah. I may just do that. I think I may have to revert to not using TinyPortal for a little while. At least all my data is in tact. I can wait a little I guess. I'll just link this into the already exorbitantly long topic and hope he gets around to looking at it.

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll try tinkering a little bit more with this and then I may just have to ditch this one.
If anyone happens to notice anything wrong with what's been posted hitherto, please let me know.
Thanks again!
:)

NanoSector

Quote from: jncrenshaw on November 26, 2010, 05:51:34 PM
@Yoshi- the variables are set in the TPortal.english.php file. And yes. They are all there. I already double checked.

@Norv- Yah, both variables are set in the same place. TPortal.english.php. All the supposed "missing" variables are all accounted for in the same location as the actual text that appears on the site. This would lead me to believe that an extra apostrophe or something was added accidentally.

Yah. I may just do that. I think I may have to revert to not using TinyPortal for a little while. At least all my data is in tact. I can wait a little I guess. I'll just link this into the already exorbitantly long topic and hope he gets around to looking at it.

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll try tinkering a little bit more with this and then I may just have to ditch this one.
If anyone happens to notice anything wrong with what's been posted hitherto, please let me know.
Thanks again!
:)
Marked as solved for now.

Maybe you could try another portal system like Adk-Portal, ezPortal or SimplePortal.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: