News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Now Announcing the Simple Machines Wiki (beta)!

Started by Joshua Dickerson, November 28, 2010, 04:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Joshua Dickerson

I thought I put that in the announcement but apparently I didn't. I should add that to the wiki help at the very least. It will serve you well editing the wiki.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Apllicmz

Nice good work
dont forget to puty portuguese
i can help it

Tjati

*applaud*

Somebody knows, if there exists the same in german?

Kindred

not yet. Translations are pending the full implementation of the localization plugin.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Nice... I never thought SMF will go out of its software before but this is really nice... By the way, why don't this wiki page width be made the same as SMF site?

Tjati

Quote from: Kindred on December 03, 2010, 10:30:38 AM
not yet. Translations are pending the full implementation of the localization plugin.

Well, if there's a german Wiki I could provide some information about the technical internals from the smf 2.0.... i worked enough with it :D

Kindred

translations should be straight translations....   in other words, the German version should mirror what is in the English version, and should not have "extra" stuff...

However, if you wish to contribute to the standard (English) version plus the translation, you are welcome to do so...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

orelanic

www.therapyworld.net
TLC for minds

Tjati

Quote from: Kindred on December 07, 2010, 09:45:02 AM
translations should be straight translations....   in other words, the German version should mirror what is in the English version, and should not have "extra" stuff...

However, if you wish to contribute to the standard (English) version plus the translation, you are welcome to do so...

Well, my english is not good enough :D But maybe there's someone who want's to translate from german to english? ;)

Gika

nice!  I hope somebody will make an article explaining what exactly the three caching levels do :)

also, a request for/if when you release the MediaWiki bridge: please add some way to merge users from existing installations of both SMF and MediaWiki!

Joshua Dickerson

I hope somebody will make an article explaining the caching levels as well. I know what they do, but I can't document everything. Chances are we won't be delving too deeply in to support for the bridge/skin.

WillyP

Quote from: Tjati on December 08, 2010, 06:01:42 AM
Well, my english is not good enough :D But maybe there's someone who want's to translate from german to english? ;)

Your English looks very good to me... And the nice thing about a wiki is that someone may be able to help with any grammar or spelling issues.

_Jojo_

Tried to access the wiki but...
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "User::addToDatabase". Database returned error "1062: Duplicate entry ' Jojo ' for key 'user_name' (10.0.100.10)".

:(
Is there probably a problem with user names that contain underscores? Mediawiki replaces all underscores by space chars.

NathanC

The title led me to think you were making wiki software. Could that also come from this idea, and be integrated into SMF?
Apple's got an app for that. SMF's got a mod for that.

Joshua Dickerson

Simple Machines could possibly build something like that a long time from now, but it is neither planned nor possible at this time.

NathanC

If this works out well, it'd be a start. Hey if it works, it works. Meebo got started as just a small feature in this one site, and they kept working on it more and more. Eventually it was all they worked on/cared to use. They then realized how big it had become, and focused only on it, and look at it now.
Apple's got an app for that. SMF's got a mod for that.

Advertisement: