News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Now Announcing the Simple Machines Wiki (beta)!

Started by Joshua Dickerson, November 28, 2010, 04:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sudhakar Arjunan

Nice work, it will help more users to learn faster and start using the bigger smf forum.

Keep rocking.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

forumite

Great idea to use a Wiki for the manual, thanks.

I might be a little dense, but all I seem to be able to do is edit an existing page; How do I add a page?

TIA.

Ashley S

lucas-ruroken

Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

Joshua Dickerson

Quote from: forumite on December 31, 2010, 11:47:12 AM
Great idea to use a Wiki for the manual, thanks.

I might be a little dense, but all I seem to be able to do is edit an existing page; How do I add a page?

TIA.
go to the page which you'd like to add.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

forumite

Quote from: groundupgo to the page which you'd like to add.

Thanks, but now I really feel dense. How do I go to a page that doesn't yet exist?

I previously edited the Category: As a Moderator page and added the last item in this list:

"Moderators can:

* Delete topics and replies to topics.
    * Move topics to another board.
    * Split posts out of a topic to create a new topic.
    * Sticky a topic placing the topic on the top of a board
    * Merge topics into one topic.
    * Rename topics (aka change subject lines)."

Now I want to create a page to explain how to rename topics, and have it show up under "R". But I don't see a link such as "add page".

Illori

Kindred

bascially, in the previous pge, add your link and then click on it. In a wiki, if you attempt to access a page which doesn't exist, it gives you the option to create that page.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

forumite

OK thanks both. I was able to create the page by clicking on 'Rename topics', but I don't see how to get it to show up under 'R' in the list of pages.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

forumite

MF Tlaxcala

Mmmm, interesting Wiki. Going to investigate this further.
Anyway, great work guys. It looks very handy for then n00bies and even for the more expired members to find there way easily through the Wiki categories and pages.

Regards,
MF Tlaxcala

InfoStrides

Really helpful! Good jobs you have done. keep this up!

_Jojo_

Quote from: _Jojo_ on December 11, 2010, 03:31:40 PM
Tried to access the wiki but...
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "User::addToDatabase". Database returned error "1062: Duplicate entry ' Jojo ' for key 'user_name' (10.0.100.10)".

:(
Is there probably a problem with user names that contain underscores? Mediawiki replaces all underscores by space chars.
This is still happening btw..

Blowguner

So hows this supposed to work out?

Some of my compiled questions.

*Errors
*People edit in their own infomation.

Will update if more.

anyoldcard

Masterd

This Wiki is great! :D I will try to help with it as much as I can. :D

dcmouser

Really nicely done, congrats to those who worked on the wiki -- both the content and the underlying code to implement it!
proud member of donationcoder.com (forum)

dichvuseo

Thank for your sharing, i have PM for you for your opinion :)

Advertisement: