Now Announcing the Simple Machines Wiki (beta)!

Started by Joshua Dickerson, November 28, 2010, 04:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sakurachan

Ah, quite the smart idea. A wiki works quite well to me

Bolt™

Charlie82

Now the Online manual uses Mediawiki, is SMF Wiki project abandoned or simply not public at the moment?

Charlie82

Online manual -> Wiki (beta) points to Mediawiki: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Main_Page

I though this announcement was about a new wiki software. Is a SMF Mediawiki bridge what this thread is about?

Masterd

Kindred

Charlie,

the smf wiki mod was never a team effort.... it is created by a community member. So, we have not abandoned anything...    smf wiki is not an official release.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Charlie82

Ah so then this thread is about the release of the Simple Machines Wiki (using Mediawiki software)?

If it is so... sorry, "Beta" confused me. It is an excellent idea.

Masterd

Quote from: Charlie82 on February 24, 2011, 07:57:02 AM
Ah so then this thread is about the release of the Simple Machines Wiki (using Mediawiki software)?

Exactly! ;)

Joshua Dickerson

The beta is because the stable release is still SMF 1.1 and the documentation on the wiki isn't complete nor is it entirely correct. For the most part, it is, but we don't want to lead people to believe that this is everything or that the documentation is always going to be correct. It is kind of like Google's use of beta tags. GMail has had a beta tag since it's release (you can still turn it on beta with additional features) and it will probably never get out of beta.

SMF's documentation will be out of beta at some point, but we aren't there yet.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

harrylubanski

Great, I dont know many wiki's that actually allow their users to move pages.

Joshua Dickerson

There's plenty of moderation features that allow us to revert changes. So, it isn't really an issue at this time.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Asphered

Blog [nofollow] | Art & Anims [nofollow] | SoundCloud [nofollow] | Furries 4Ever [nofollow]

Asphered

Blog [nofollow] | Art & Anims [nofollow] | SoundCloud [nofollow] | Furries 4Ever [nofollow]

Tomcraft

Do have a beta version available for charter member?

Best regards

Torsten

Illori

the wiki is available to everyone at this point.

Tomcraft

mhhhh? Where is the download? I meant the bridge, not the wiki located here: http://wiki.simplemachines.org

Best regards

Torsten

Advertisement: