News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

No space left for ads = messed up screen

Started by ysite, November 30, 2010, 10:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysite

Picture is very obvious. Help with the solution. Thank you

ysite

Anyone? It's a major problem ,really need help asap

IceXaos

ysite

a friend told me ill have to change my width, so ill try that and let you know.

ysite

Okay, that didnt help. I changed the width, a lot of space was left on the side, but the ads won't go to the side. They love to stay at top. This is my ad code:

Quote<!-- Begin: adBrite, Generated: 2010-11-30 22:10:24  -->
<script type="text/javascript">
var AdBrite_Title_Color = '0000FF';
var AdBrite_Text_Color = '000000';
var AdBrite_Background_Color = 'FFFFFF';
var AdBrite_Border_Color = 'CCCCCC';
var AdBrite_URL_Color = '008000';
try{var AdBrite_Iframe=window.top!=window.self?2:1;var AdBrite_Referrer=document.referrer==''?document.location:document.referrer;AdBrite_Referrer=encodeURIComponent(AdBrite_Referrer);}catch(e){var AdBrite_Iframe='';var AdBrite_Referrer='';}
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">document.write(String.fromCharCode(60,83,67,82,73,80,84));document.write(' src="http://ads.adbrite.com/mb/text_group.php?sid=1818797&zs=3136305f363030&ifr='+AdBrite_Iframe+'&ref='+AdBrite_Referrer+'" type="text/javascript">');document.write(String.fromCharCode(60,47,83,67,82,73,80,84,62));</script>
<div><a target="_top" href="http://www.adbrite.com/mb/commerce/purchase_form.php?opid=1818797&afsid=1" style="font-weight:bold;font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;">Ysite</a></div>
<!-- End: adBrite -->

and this is my website:

Quotewww.ysite.ca
(Those Ads are disabled right now)

Thank you

IceXaos

IceXaos

ysite

if you go to http://www.ysite.ca/index.php/board,2.0.html, you will see what I mean.

*even thought i have it checked for board index, they won't appear in board index at all*, that is another problem i will talk about once this is solved.

IceXaos

Can you please start sticking to a single thread?  There is no reason to open 40 threads with one issue.

ysite

I haven't created any another thread regarding this issue.

ysite

this is for advertisements and that was for sidebar. your mistaken mate.

Mick.

If you want to place that ad on the side, is recommended you use a portal like tinyportal or simple portal mod.

If not, that ad seems to be 160x600px?   Try the 720px instead.

ysite

I downloaded Simple portal, what do I need to do?

Mick.

Quote from: ysite on December 01, 2010, 10:32:42 PM
I downloaded Simple portal, what do I need to do?

Install it, create a left or right block and add that code.

ysite

I downloaded it, did all the settings. there are already tons of blocks created. but nothing would show up. Could you help me with that please?

Mick.

Quote from: ysite on December 01, 2010, 10:36:53 PM
I downloaded it, did all the settings. there are already tons of blocks created. but nothing would show up. Could you help me with that please?

Create an 'html' block either on the left or right and paste the ad code to it.   

ysite

Yes, I know what you mean, but I doubt the ad block will show up, because none of the following blocks are showing up like these:

This is my configuration settings:

This is my blocks settings:

Thank you.

Mick.

Change 'integration' to "front page" if you like so you have a portal.

Then click on 'add block' and select 'right'.  Then add your ad code to it and activate.

ysite

Fixed.
Now another problem

How do I remove the red part? the title, the extra frame.... I hope u know what i mean

Mick.

Go to the ad block and 'check mark' the 'no title' and 'no body'. 

ysite

first of all I would like to thank you for helping me so far.
I did what you said, it removed everything but the scroll bar. Now how shud i remove the scroll bar?

Mick.

Quote from: ysite on December 01, 2010, 10:50:40 PM
first of all I would like to thank you for helping me so far.
I did what you said, it removed everything but the scroll bar. Now how shud i remove the scroll bar?

Go to block settings, ..... change the width of the blocks.  If it says 150px, change it to 155px or 160px.

ysite

it was 200, i changed it to 210. that didnt help

Mick.

Try this code:
<!-- Begin: adBrite, Generated: 2010-11-30 22:10:24  -->
<script type="text/javascript">
var AdBrite_Title_Color = '0000FF';
var AdBrite_Text_Color = '000000';
var AdBrite_Background_Color = 'FFFFFF';
var AdBrite_Border_Color = 'CCCCCC';
var AdBrite_URL_Color = '008000';
try{var AdBrite_Iframe=window.top!=window.self?2:1;var AdBrite_Referrer=document.referrer==''?document.location:document.referrer;AdBrite_Referrer=encodeURIComponent(AdBrite_Referrer);}catch(e){var AdBrite_Iframe='';var AdBrite_Referrer='';}
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">document.write(String.fromCharCode(60,83,67,82,73,80,84));document.write(' src="http://ads.adbrite.com/mb/text_group.php?sid=1818797&zs=3136305f363030&ifr='+AdBrite_Iframe+'&ref='+AdBrite_Referrer+'" type="text/javascript">');document.write(String.fromCharCode(60,47,83,67,82,73,80,84,62));</script>
<div><a target="_top" href="http://www.adbrite.com/mb/commerce/purchase_form.php?opid=1818797&afsid=1">Ysite</a></div>
<!-- End: adBrite -->

Mick.

You can change the block setting back to 200px if you like.  ;)

ysite

worked fine. Thank you so much..
All problems solved.

Mick.

Quote from: ysite on December 01, 2010, 11:03:49 PM
worked fine. Thank you so much..
All problems solved.

Cool!
I'll mark this as solved.  ;)

ysite

hey. I have my ads checked for guests, but when I sign out. Nothing would come up. It works fine after login in.

Mick.

Quote from: ysite on December 01, 2010, 11:18:18 PM
hey. I have my ads checked for guests, but when I sign out. Nothing would come up. It works fine after login in.

I noticed that when i went to your site.  You would have to post in the mod's thread as im not the author of the mod nor know much on how to troubleshoot it. 

Have you tried switching back to default theme and see if happens?

ysite

ysite

I dont even want to show it for guests tbh, but can i atleast somehow show the ads, either using ad management or this?

Mick.

You would have to find the answer on why is not showing to guests here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.0

alternatively, you could try the ad mod.

ysite

is there a way i can change width for a specific forum but not ALL of them?

Mick.

Quote from: ysite on December 01, 2010, 11:45:18 PM
is there a way i can change width for a specific forum but not ALL of them?
yes, in display settings, select what category you want the ad to appear.

Advertisement: