News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

May be simple :/

Started by Oathkeeper, December 01, 2010, 06:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oathkeeper

Ok so here is my "problem".

I've got a regular HTML/HTML5 website, and I'm currently working on the staff.html page for it.
What I'm wanting to do is sort of combine smf with my html/html5 website.
Any and all advice/help/tutorials advised. I'm not completely web-designing illiterate but then again I'm not the absolute best in the world.

If you can't do a COMPLETE integration, the main thing I'm wanting is a "recent posts" type live-feed as well as or at minimum a system that will place the avatar of the user I choose either via a link or whatnot, and have that image change whenever that user changes their image on the forum. (It's for the staff center, an image/avatar to go with their profile).

Super thanks in advanced!

PS> Forgot to mention I'm going to have SMF 2 RC3 (will upgrade to 4 once my database issue is fixed [ http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=411433.0 ])

Norv

It sounds like you may want to take a look at SSI.php and the SSI examples files, they are located in your SMF directory.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: