News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

FluxBB to SMF

Started by NexusFlux, December 02, 2010, 10:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NexusFlux

Is there a converter to go from FluxBB to SMF?

Norv

Hey there,
There wasn't a converter specifically for FluxBB. As based on PunBB, the PunBB converter was working for FluxBB as well.

Please find attached here a converter for FluxBB. (to SMF 2.0 RC4).
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

emzeweb

if I want to have the following conversion scripts run along the others by convert.php.
after adding it to fluxbb_to_smf.sql file, I guess I must add some kind of call in convert.php?

also, the scripts must be wrong somewhere, cause when i run them directly on mysql server, with proper dbname+prefix instead of the variables {$from_prefix} {$to_prefix}, it doesn't seem to fill the smf_personal_messages and smf_pm_recipients tables. can anyone have a look please?

thanks in advance

/******************************************************************************/
--- Converting pm...
/******************************************************************************/

TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}personal_messages;

---* {$to_prefix}personal_messages

SELECT
pm.id AS id_pm, pm.id AS id_pm_head, pm.sender_id AS id_member_from, pm.sender AS from_name,
pm.posted AS msgtime,
SUBSTRING(pm.subject, 1, 255) AS subject,
SUBSTRING(REPLACE(pm.message, '<br>', '<br />'), 1, 65534) AS body
FROM {$from_prefix}messages AS pm
INNER JOIN {$from_prefix}users AS u ON (u.id = pm.sender_id);

TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}pm_recipients;

---* {$to_prefix}pm_recipients

SELECT
pm.id AS id_pm, pm.owner AS id_member,
pm.showed AS is_read, pm.status AS deleted,
SUBSTRING(pm.subject, 1, 60) AS labels
FROM {$from_prefix}messages AS pm
INNER JOIN {$from_prefix}users AS u ON (u.id = pm.owner);

emzeweb

hi all !

still no idea about this issue?

thanks in advance for your help :)

BangoFace

Quote from: N. N. on December 03, 2010, 06:20:40 AM
Hey there,
There wasn't a converter specifically for FluxBB. As based on PunBB, the PunBB converter was working for FluxBB as well.

Please find attached here a converter for FluxBB. (to SMF 2.0 RC4).
I'm getting the error:
QuoteUnable to find the settings for FluxBB 1.4.x. Please double check the path and try again.

How do I resolve this? I'm using 1.5.1 of FluxBB so I want to know what to change for a workaround really.

Advertisement: