News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

You guys are missing some features

Started by lmgtfy, December 06, 2010, 03:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmgtfy

You guys are missing some features that mybb and especially phpbb now have. I will post them later, I need to go right now.
Take a look at the phpbb feature list

http://www.phpbb.com/about/features/?from=submenu&sid=0ea10219aed2959344b85a6928c183b5

You guys also have some features that phpbb and mybb don't have.

Norv

Our goal is not to have by default all the features that one could think of. But to keep it simple, easy to use, and easy to enhance with features that particular admins may wish to have, by mods. :)

Please feel free to let us know however, what features do you feel SMF should have and why. Thank you.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Kindred

And I should note that just because "... another forum software has this feature ..." is *NOT* a valid reason to include it into the forum core product...

There should always be a valid, USABILITY reason to include something into the forum core. Anything else can be added as a mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lmgtfy

I completely agree with you guys. I will start looking.

Advertisement: