News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Error 404 when upgrading from 1.1.11 to 1.1.12

Started by Proenski, December 06, 2010, 12:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proenski

How do I solve the following problem: I want to upgrade my forum from 1.1.11 to 1.1.12 so I downloaded the small update package uploaded it and browsed to www.myforum.com/board only to get the message that the upgrade.php can't be found...??

The file is there; I can access it via FTP.

I've set the permissions of the folders (attachment, Themes, Packages) and files (settings.php) correctly. So what else could it be?
May the force be with you

Masterd

Is your forum and the upgrade script in the root or the board directory?

Illori

you added /upgrade.php to your forum url and it was not found?

according to the parse of the package manager update there are no database changes made in this update

http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/index.php?action=upgrade;file=smf_patch_1.0.20_1.1.12.tar.gz;smf_version=1.1.11

Proenski

Quote from: Masterd on December 06, 2010, 12:31:59 PM
Is your forum and the upgrade script in the root or the board directory?

They are in the board directory.

Proenski

Quote from: Illori on December 06, 2010, 12:33:27 PM
you added /upgrade.php to your forum url and it was not found?

according to the parse of the package manager update there are no database changes made in this update

http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/index.php?action=upgrade;file=smf_patch_1.0.20_1.1.12.tar.gz;smf_version=1.1.11

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this comment. Even though there are no changes made to the database at least I should be able to update the php files, right?

Illori

if you copied the files from your local pc to your server then the update is done given that there are no database changes in the file i linked.

Proenski

Quote from: Illori on December 06, 2010, 01:52:35 PM
if you copied the files from your local pc to your server then the update is done given that there are no database changes in the file i linked.

Not really...

My forum still shows this at the admin section:

Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 1.1.11
Current SMF version: SMF 1.1.12

and I have run updates before (running this board since Yabbse days); I always have to run the upgrade.php to make the changes...

Illori

the majority of the changes are done just by uploading the files, this is sounding more like an issue with your host then an issue with the script itself.

Proenski

Quote from: Illori on December 06, 2010, 02:09:40 PM
the majority of the changes are done just by uploading the files, this is sounding more like an issue with your host then an issue with the script itself.

Ok, but what do I tell the host so they can straighten this out?? Because I'm pretty darn sure they are gonna point the finger at the software vendor unless I can tell them what they are doing wrong...

Masterd

Proenski

Quote from: Masterd on December 07, 2010, 07:39:26 AM
Did you tried to install this as a mod?

No, what does it do? Call me stupid but the .mod extension gets recognized by my system as a Windows media player file %-)

Illori

you just upload the zip to the package manager and then apply the update.

Package Manager

Proenski

Quote from: Illori on December 07, 2010, 09:51:43 AM
you just upload the zip to the package manager and then apply the update.

Package Manager

I did, it gave a warning with 3 files or so but apart from that it said it was done succesful. However in the admin section I still get the warning that a few files from Sources are not up to date (even when I upload them manually...). How do I fix that?

DumpDatabase.php   1.1           1.1.12
ManageSearch.php   1.1.2   1.1.12
ManageSmileys.php   1.1.11   1.1.12
News.php                   1.1           1.1.12
PackageGet.php   1.1.11   1.1.12
Subs-Package.php   1.1.5   1.1.12

Masterd

Well, if everything is all right then you don't need to worry.

Proenski

Quote from: Masterd on December 07, 2010, 11:06:10 AM
Well, if everything is all right then you don't need to worry.

Not really worried but is there any way I can "re-set" this faulty notification in the admin panel?

Masterd

This feature gets informations from the files, so you can't "reset" it. You need to change that informations in the files.

Illori

as long as your forum works I would not worry about those messages. trying to fix could cause more problems then it is worth depending on the fix.

Proenski

Quote from: Masterd on December 07, 2010, 11:17:17 AM
This feature gets informations from the files, so you can't "reset" it. You need to change that informations in the files.

That's what I find weird because the info in the files says the correct version 1.1.12 so why doesn't that get picked up upon??

Masterd

It's very easy to fix that.

Just find this in every file:

// Version: 1.1

And replace with this:

// Version: 1.1.12

PS: Is this your forum? It still say "Powered by SMF 1.1.11".

Proenski

Quote from: Masterd on December 07, 2010, 01:19:23 PM
It's very easy to fix that.

PS: Is this your forum? It still say "Powered by SMF 1.1.11".

LOL, yeah it is. That's what I've been trying to tell you... It says 1.1.11 but when I download for example the Dumpdatabase file is says this:

/**********************************************************************************
* DumpDatabase.php                                                                *
***********************************************************************************
* SMF: Simple Machines Forum                                                      *
* Open-Source Project Inspired by Zef Hemel ([email protected])                    *
* =============================================================================== *
* Software Version:           SMF 1.1.12                                             *
* Software by:                Simple Machines (http://www.simplemachines.org)     *
* Copyright 2006 by:          Simple Machines LLC (http://www.simplemachines.org) *
*           2001-2006 by:     Lewis Media (http://www.lewismedia.com)             *
* Support, News, Updates at:  http://www.simplemachines.org                       *
***********************************************************************************
* This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under   *
* the terms of the provided license as published by Simple Machines LLC.          *
*                                                                                 *
* This program is distributed in the hope that it is and will be useful, but      *
* WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES; without even any implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY    *
* or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.                                            *
*                                                                                 *
* See the "license.txt" file for details of the Simple Machines license.          *
* The latest version can always be found at http://www.simplemachines.org.        *
**********************************************************************************/

So how can I fix that?? And/or why doesn't the forum pick up on the fact that the most recent files are installed??

Advertisement: