[4864] Installer creates 0byte files instead of folders

Started by Clickout, May 12, 2010, 12:28:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clickout

I was trying to install the aeva media mod and i found that the installer created 0byte files instead of folders :(
But there was no problem when i installed other mods: sitemap, pretty url, welcome pm, regbar warning, and ad management mods.

Using SMF 2.0RC3 apache server, latest version.

Arantor

This was actually reported as a bug a bit back by Nao when he was a beta tester (and made it on to the tracker), not sure where it is though.

Acans

I can't seem to find it in mantis anywhere, perhaps I'm searching for the wrong key-words.

Hopefully somebody bookmarked it or remembers the correct title.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Clickout

Does it have something to do with the processor power of the server? Because with the 0byte files I've uninstalled the mod without any problems. Then I re-installed the mod and uploaded the folders and subfolders manually. I then tried to uninstall, but i'm getting server time out error.

Also the 'moderation' problem with the WAP2 mode of the 2.0RC 1-1 reborn in RC3!

Arantor

No, it's nothing to do with the time out rules. It's to do with the library used to create the archive and to open it again.

Norv

Can this still be reproduced by anyone?
If yes, a phpinfo() file from the server where it happens may be useful.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I do remember this happening to me, although it was a little different issue. All the folders I would upload via filezilla would turn into a 0 byte file. I had to create a folder first and upload the rest of the files over it later on. Although it used to happen only on one of the servers. So, I think it is something to do with server configurations rather than the package manager itself. I can not confirm it, but that is how it happened to me previously.

Akyhne

I had the exact same issue on various servers. The problem was with all mods which needed to unzip folders.
I also mentioned it in the team board several times.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

That gives a lead. Maybe phpinfo() will give us further information.

Just for the information: What is a phpinfo() file?

We can compare it with a proper server where this function works and the one provided here.

Joshua Dickerson

Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Advertisement: