News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Mod (Modification) not showing after installation?

Started by kat, December 06, 2010, 04:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

With v1.x of SMF, mods only install to the SMF default theme. (Although, some will install to Babylon and Classic, too).

To make them work/show with custom themes, you need to make manual edits to the relevant files in the custom theme's directory.

To see what those edits are, you need to look on the mod's page.

Just below the download link, you'll see a parser.

Select the version that you're using and click "Parse".

Clicking "Select", just above a block of code, will select the code, with it's correct formatting.

Then, you just need to right-click and select "Copy".

When you paste the code to where it's supposed to go, the correct formatting will be maintained.

Masterd

jennyp

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is related to this post. I'm a newbie. I just installed SMF via my webhost with just one click. It looks fine, but it comes up with an Error saying the "Default Theme's Directory is wrong".
If anyone can guide me as to what to do within SMF, or is it from the initial installation and configurations via my webhost?

Thanks in advance!
Jenny

Quote from: K@ on December 06, 2010, 04:53:02 PM
With v1.x of SMF, mods only install to the SMF default theme. (Although, some will install to Babylon and Classic, too).

To make them work/show with custom themes, you need to make manual edits to the relevant files in the custom theme's directory.

Clicking "Select", just above a block of code, will select the code, with it's correct formatting.

When you paste the code to where it's supposed to go, the correct formatting will be maintained.

kat

No, it's not the right place. ;)

If you tell me which version of SMF you're using, though, I can split this off and put it in the right place.

How's that sound?

You probably need to run this:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=663

tvkahani

it just doesnt work for me :(

help me out!!

it never shows in admin panel

Masterd

pervaz

hello i am new here and i like to say something about this hyywbsyusysjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjy

kat

live627

No link spam so I'm  unsure. I usually report spam posts with a bang, though. But that one *is* suspicious...

kat

Maybe the "Perv" bit of the username's relevant, ay? ;)

msgoodygal

Quote from: K@ on December 06, 2010, 04:53:02 PM

What happens if there is no parser?  I'm using the Guhlin-Antep theme, and for most mods that i want to use, the mods install, but I get blank spaces in my admin panel. 

I have attached a photo of the problem that I am having.  Notice all the blank text areas for an installed mod?  This happens for most all of my mods. 

I'm not familiar with PHP, but can follow some directions...  Thanks!

Illori

looks like an issue with your language strings, but you are best to post in the mods support thread.

msgoodygal

Quote from: Illori on September 25, 2011, 06:56:24 AM
looks like an issue with your language strings, but you are best to post in the mods support thread.

I would but that would be to almost every mod that I've ever tried, because this happens on all of them.  Is there a way to get some generalized help on this, so that I can ask for help one time, instead of 100 in 100 different mod threads?

Illori

well you dont tell us what mods you have installed, nor can most of us tell by that screenshot what the mod may be due to the lack of language strings. check your error log and see where that takes you.

msgoodygal

Here's a screenshot of the mods that I have installed, some of which are giving me the blank entries....

I have tried many, many more mods that aren't on this list - I usually uninstall/delete them because of this - so I'd like to be able to use more mods...

kat

Just a hunch. I suspect GarbledURLs might be your problem.

That's just a hunch, though.

pirc-bw

I get what your suggestion in the original post is all about.  But my theme doesn't have a place where I can place the code from the Mod page.  If I open the page it says to place the code in in the default theme, I find that the installer put the code right where it should be.  But there's no corresponding page in my theme to change.  Does that mean I am just out of luck???
Merlene
Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0.16
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0.16
www.bw-forums.com

Advertisement: