News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Logging in & out problem

Started by astrosurge, December 06, 2010, 06:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrosurge

I am almost given up why my SMF fresh installs are really problematic. I have tried installing it using Installatron which is an open source installer in my webhosting. Installed & deleted it for more than 5 times now still giving me the problems. I have difficulties loading the forum...i need to refresh many times until it appears. Logging in after the page appears is still as bad as loading the page at the beginning.

The link shows hxxp://xxxx.com/board/index.php?action=login2.php with a blank page. Need to refresh many times until it appears. Sometimes after the refresh, i am logged in...sometimes i am not. When i am not logged, it says that my password was incorrect.

Logging in shows the same symptom too - a hxxp://xxxx.com/board/index.php?action=login2.php with a blank page. need F5 many times before it appears.

well im not liking this as i havent even start promoting and populating my forums if this problem persists. it might just turn would-be forumers away if they are facing this problem just like it did.

for your info, i have tried installing it via Installatron and manual FTP upload. While the install is smooth, but the operation of both fails to perform smoothly.

the forum version is 1.1.12, and i did CHMOD the right permission of the folders n files.

any help appreciated.

Illori

the link should not end with .php can you try the link without the .php at the very end? are you sure your hosts installer is not modifying any of the smf files?

astrosurge

Quote from: Illori on December 06, 2010, 06:26:02 AM
the link should not end with .php can you try the link without the .php at the very end? are you sure your hosts installer is not modifying any of the smf files?

sorry, yup u r right...there is no .php after the login2. i mistype it.

no modifications as far as i know.

just to add to this, i have tried in all browsers - chrome, IE, FF & flock. all showed the same problems.

Illori

can you provide a link to show the issues?

astrosurge

my webhosting had assisted me and here is the solution for the rest of u with the same problem:

Once finish installed, quickly log in. Refresh and login until u r logged. Once there, go to:
Configuration > Features & Options > Layout & Options > Disable hostname lookups? - TICK THIS!!

Save everyting, log out n retry. it works for me.

Advertisement: