News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

New Members not showing up in Mambo.

Started by jazz, July 06, 2005, 03:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazz

I just have one last issue, and I think the integration has been a success.  Any existing members who log in are being added to the MOS table the first time they sign on.  For new registrations, it is completely bypassing mambo.  After the new user registers (which has been myself so far with test accounts), The activation is done and I sign in for the first time.  I check the user list and the names are not on the mambo list.  I'm using SMF Registration.

Kindred

that is correct.   By using SMF registration, a user will not be added to the mambo list until the first time they log in AFTER registration...   same as previously existing SMF users.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jazz

Then I'm a little confused about something...  I'm using the smf registration.  Am I supposed to use the Mambo login or the SMF login.  I'm currently using the SMF login.  I created a test account, and no matter how many times I sign in the user name doesn't show up on the Mambo member list.

Edit:  I just tried to change it to the Mambo login.   It recognizes the user, but then the user isn't logged into SMF.  Still doesn't show up on the Mambo user list.

Kindred

you should be using the BRIDGE login... not SMF, not mambo...

In addition, you need to install the SMF-mambo mod in the SMF package manager... 
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jazz

I do have the Mod installed in the package manager.  This is the mod installed with 1.1b3.   Mambo Integration 1.0

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

jazz

Quote from: Kindred on July 06, 2005, 04:10:14 PM
ok... url and test account?

http://carmenrasmusen.com/members/index.php

User: smfteam
Pass: smfteam

This account I created from SMF Admin.  When I signed on, it did get added to the list on Mambo Admin.  It's it seems to be just when you use the main registration page that this happens.

If you need an account with admin access and think you can help, PM me.

Kindred

OK... Jazz...

I tried the tets account and couldn't fins any errors therfe... so I regsitered, clicking on the activation link took me back to the site and I was able to log in from either SMF or the login module in Mambo...

Both ways had me logged in to both SMF and mambo...

Check to see if my user is listed in the mambo userlist.

BTW:   If I don't view the site in fullscreen mode, the top menu is all messed up...
and there doesn't appear to be any way to get from the forum back to the mambo-main-site.
You might want to consider removing some of the stuff form the top of the Helios template in SMF and then keeping the forum wapped...
Слaва
Украинi

jazz

Thanks for checking it out for me.  You are listed in the mambo Admin section.  This may have been the result of another issue that I was having.  I originally had 1.0.5 versions of profile and register.template.  I just updated those late last night.  Could this have caused the problems that I was having?

Quote from: Kindred on July 06, 2005, 09:22:43 PM
BTW:   If I don't view the site in fullscreen mode, the top menu is all messed up...
and there doesn't appear to be any way to get from the forum back to the mambo-main-site.
You might want to consider removing some of the stuff form the top of the Helios template in SMF and then keeping the forum wapped...

On the Helios Template, there is a link that says "home" that will take you back to the Mambo template.  The "forum" button is set to be the forum home.   

The mambo template that I've customized to look similar to the helios template doesn't doesn't seem to work to well with the forum wrapped.  It makes the forum too narrow.  Kindred, can you think of a better mambo theme that I can make modifications to?  Maybe a place to download templates?

Orstio

QuoteThanks for checking it out for me.  You are listed in the mambo Admin section.  This may have been the result of another issue that I was having.  I originally had 1.0.5 versions of profile and register.template.  I just updated those late last night.  Could this have caused the problems that I was having?

Something to be careful about is using the same "real name" when creating accounts.  For your security, that is not allowed in the bridge, even though it might work with a standard Mambo installation.

Doing that may result in what you are describing.

Kindred

Jazz...   I actually use a slightly modified AkoDarkGem mambo template with the Helios SMF theme...  (I got rid of the whole SMF infobox and newsbox, etc at the top and the info senter at the bottom)

The trick about the forum being "too thin" is learning how to hide the right (and/or left) mambo menus, but keep the mambo wrapping...
Слaва
Украинi

jazz

I've had a hard time finding some good themes.  Could someone provide a link to some good themes?

Advertisement: