News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Converting from vB 3.8.4 to SMF 2.0 RC4

Started by Vertakill, December 09, 2010, 10:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vertakill

Hi,

My license for vB is due to expire soon and I'm looking at moving to SMF 2.0. Today I've tried to do a test conversion and ran in to an issue, when running the converter (vB 3.7 to SMF 2.0 RC4 converter, apparently this is the one I need for vB 3.8.4) it stops at the following point:

Recalculating forum statistics... Duplicate key name 'ip_index'

Also, all of the data (except user permissions) appears to be there in the new install of SMF but sometimes the pages will simply bring up a blank screen, a refresh will sometimes bring the page back but sometimes it takes three or four refreshes until the page comes back.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Verta

Vertakill

Quote from: TE on December 09, 2010, 01:00:21 PM
please check:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=242961.msg2867944#msg2867944

Hi TE,

Thank you for the link. I noticed that this fix is in the PHP-Fusion subforum, does this apply to converter.php for vBulletin too? If so, I'll give that a try, thanks :)

ThorstenE

convert.php is absolutely the same for all converters.. only the source_to_smf.sql is different..

Vertakill

Quote from: TE on December 09, 2010, 03:27:37 PM
convert.php is absolutely the same for all converters.. only the source_to_smf.sql is different..

Cool, thanks for that TE - that's fixed my first problem!

My other problem still persists though, when refreshing the page it doesn't always show the forum, just a blank white page 90% of the time, the other 10% the forums show OK. Any ideas what this could be?

By the way, this problem happens at work and at home in Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Thanks,

Verta

Vertakill

Quote from: Vertakill on December 10, 2010, 05:01:49 AM
Quote from: TE on December 09, 2010, 03:27:37 PM

Cool, thanks for that TE - that's fixed my first problem!

My other problem still persists though, when refreshing the page it doesn't always show the forum, just a blank white page 90% of the time, the other 10% the forums show OK. Any ideas what this could be?

By the way, this problem happens at work and at home in Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Thanks,

Verta

Update: This problem is only apparent when a user isn't logged in. When you eventually get through the login page (many Ctrl+F5 refreshes) it works flawlessly.

ThorstenE

mhh, maybe a timout or memory_limit related issue??!? Can you modify your php.ini? I'd be interested in these settings from phpinfo:

• memory_limit
  • max_execution_time
What is a phpinfo() file?

Vertakill

Quote from: TE on December 11, 2010, 02:30:42 AM
mhh, maybe a timout or memory_limit related issue??!? Can you modify your php.ini? I'd be interested in these settings from phpinfo:

• memory_limit
  • max_execution_time
What is a phpinfo() file?

Hi TE,

Thanks for your help with this by the way, it's really appreciated - I'm not great with PHP and wouldn't know where to start troubleshooting this issue!

The info from my phpinfo:

memory_limit: 256M
max_execution_time: 120

I don't have the ability to edit my php.ini unfortunately, I'm on a shared hosting package.

Again, thanks for the help TE.

Verta

ThorstenE

both settings are more than enough..
Do you use default theme (Curve) or a custom theme?
Do you have access to the webserver logfiles? Maybe there is an indication for the white page (error_log)?
Any errors in SMF error log?

Advertisement: