News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

My Adsense Account was DISABLED!

Started by sdkid, December 08, 2010, 04:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdkid

Quote from: adsenseHello,

After reviewing our records, we've determined that your AdSense account
poses a risk of generating invalid activity. Because we have a
responsibility to protect our AdWords advertisers from inflated costs due
to invalid activity, we've found it necessary to disable your AdSense
account. Your outstanding balance and Google's share of the revenue will
both be fully refunded back to the affected advertisers.

How the hell do I find out who is sabotaging my adsense?  Yes--Sabotage!  I have a forum for people to discuss News and current events.  There are a few who do NOT like my moderation style, and a few others who have been banned (mostly for bigotry/racist comments).   Google will give NO information about what IP's were used to click on what.  the other possibility is that some were clicking "to help out" the forum--but I thought Google would easily identify those and drop those clicks.  This whole *DISABLED* thing just happened suddenly with no warning...not one single message in my adsense account.

Has this happened to any of you?
What the hell can I do to fix it?

WTF????>:(

flapjack

nothing. once you're kicked out of Adsense, there's no going back

Illori

there is also nothing SMF can do to help you as smf has nothing to do with adsense.

sdkid

Quote from: Illori on December 08, 2010, 05:58:49 PM
there is also nothing SMF can do to help you as smf has nothing to do with adsense.

No--- I wasn't looking to SMF for help at all, and I do understand one has nothing directly to do with another.  I was simply engaging in some discussion about adsense to see if anyone else here has had this issue, and whether they found a way to alleviate it.  :)

sdkid

Quote from: flapjack on December 08, 2010, 09:08:45 PM
there is no way. you're out, deal with it

Good.

After adsense, where do I go?

sdkid

Quote from: flapjack on December 09, 2010, 01:26:06 PM
here's something you could start with:
http://www.google.com/search?q=adsense+alternative
So....are you trying to be some kind of condescending ass?  I am curious about REAL experiences others have had with other ad networks. Obviously, you have nothing productive to say regarding this.  You can go back in your hole now. 

If anyone has anything substantive to add regarding integrating non-adsense advertising networks with your smf forum, please share.  I am sure there are others interested in this as well.  I'd like to hear what you have to say about customer service for publishers and rates of pay you've experienced. 

I'd also like to hear about any problems or issues anyone has had with malicious click activity. 

Thanks.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: sdkid on December 10, 2010, 01:00:11 AM
So....are you trying to be some kind of condescending ass?  I am curious about REAL experiences others have had with other ad networks. Obviously, you have nothing productive to say regarding this.  You can go back in your hole now. 
That was uncalled for, and rude - and that kind of attitude will not make people want to help you.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

zg4me

So....are you trying to be some kind of condescending ass?

Even though we have emoticons and stuff, internet posts are still bits and bytes, there is no face to face. I may be taken aback at times, but I hold no malice in the long run. Keeps my ulcers in check too ;)

I suspect AdSense does calculate some sort of ratio, like: number of impressions :: click-throughs. If this ratio exceeds their criteria, and/or a majority of click-thoughs are from a single IP a website may very well be banned. I don't know of any solution, other than not suggesting any visitors/users click the links. Related, I might assume a rouge user may do just this, for the specific purpose of getting you removed from Adsense.

It would be nice if Google had an option to disallow payment for click throughs, as I know just the impressions are valuable tool for the publishers... even when nobody clicks on the direct link.

Momma always said "the squeaky wheel gets the grease", stay in contact with the admin's @ adsense. Ya never know...

BTW, does Bing offer such a program?

Rick

sdkid

Quote from: LexArma on December 10, 2010, 01:06:39 AM
That was uncalled for, and rude - and that kind of attitude will not make people want to help you.

No LexArma.  Flap has been rude from his first post in this topic.  Go back and read it.  Every post has been NON-helpful, and contributed NOTHING to the discussion.  How would you feel if you bring an issue to be discussed, and you're simply told "No." then "Deal with it." and then when looking for suggestions on alternatives...you're told "Google it."?  THAT is rude and condescending, and I called him on it.  He had nothing to add, and nothing good or positive to say, so he probably should just go elsewhere.

Hey ZG4me...

thanks for the positive contribution to this topic! :)  Bing/Msoft has a publisher program, but as near as I can tell right now it is not open for new accounts.  I am looking into http://pubaccess.advertising.com, but I am interested in hearing about other advertising service companies that people here may use.  OR...if anyone has had a bad experience with advertising.com or any other ad company, that of course would be helpful also.

flapjack

I was rude? pleas point me to the point where I was rude, I want to believe I'm dreaming. You are the one who is a lazy bum and didn't even check the google help page. All the information I gave you was so basic that I find it hard to believe someone might be as moronic as you. I didn't comment on your lazy ass, I was polite enough to give you a correct answer, not once, not twice, but three times. But it seems for a moron of your size it wasn't enough, so beat it, go find someone that will wipe your ass for you somewhere else.

kat

Topic locked, for obvious reasons...

Advertisement: