News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Looking for a portal/cms with good auth integration

Started by żεχเ๏ภ, December 12, 2010, 02:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

żεχเ๏ภ

I want something where I can post news and a login box (that'll also work for the forum) on the home page. Easy creation of custom pages too. My smf version is 1.1.x

I'm thinking Wordpress, I could try to make it into a CMS/portal if I can find a mod to integrate it with SMF (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-smf-a-simplemachines-bridge/ this one looks good).. Does anyone else have any opinions on what I should use? Maybe I should do a portal and just find a way to place a login box on the front page.

CMS's I've ALREADY tried which did NOT work with smf user integration or I just flat out disliked so far:

- e107 (Outdated, bridge wouldn't work)
- Mambo (Wouldn't even install oddly)
- Xoops (Confusing, bridge didn't seem to work)
- iGamingCMS (Too outdated & full of errors, more like iGettinghackedCMS)
- Didn't even try Joomla, the bridge looks out of date and unless someone can prove it's possible to easily integrate with the smf user db, I'm not even going down this road...

If anyone has any advice, opinions, or any reasons why I shouldn't try Wordpress, lemme know. Also feel free to suggest any other CMS systems you think would work. :)

Thanks,

Jason

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

My opinion? Just used any of SMF Portal Mod. That is the best.

On how to make it to look good, that is where you need to know / learn css and templating.

But Bloc, one of SMF best theme creators / designers is currently going for SMF/WP as well. You can see his site http://www.blocweb.net and see how it looks like.

żεχเ๏ภ

Quote from: ahrasis on December 12, 2010, 04:54:09 AM
My opinion? Just used any of SMF Portal Mod. That is the best.

I am using one, but I already have my forum in a "/forum" directory.

Illori

you can move the forum to the root folder and then change the paths, or do a redirect to the /forum directory.

Advertisement: