News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

VigLink

Started by lurkalot, December 12, 2010, 06:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Reid

Heardy - you seem to be editing your sites templates at the moment and so I cannot validate if its working or not.

Glitch, in addition o monetizing keywords - it also automatically affiliates links that your users have posted.

Tony Reid

Heardy

Okay, should be fine to check it out now.
Mindless Junk - A haven for forumers.

Tony Reid

It doesn't look installed to me.

I'm buried in my accounts at the moment, but I'll be back on later tonight to help you.

Tony
Tony Reid

Heardy

Heardy

Still waiting for a reply from you Tony, I've requested help from the Viglink website itself but have only been replied to once at the moment. I've put the script in manually myself and it still isn't showing on my forum.

Tony Reid

Hi Heardy,

Its not an official Viglink modification - not sure they will respond.

I've fixed an issue with the package,  so hopefully it will work without an issue for you. If it still fails then I suspect there could be a problem with your SMF setup and file permissions etc.
Tony Reid

Heardy

Thanks Tony, have you updated the mod already? If so, I'll update it and see if it works.

Otherwise, I'll have to wait for them to respond to me.

Tony Reid

Yes I have updated it :)
Tony Reid

Heardy

I will update it right now and see if it works! *fingers crossed*

Thank God! It works, the Viglink website says about filling in a tax for people in the US, what about if you're from the UK, how do you go about that?

viglink_ac

Quote from: Heardy on January 03, 2012, 12:43:58 PM
I will update it right now and see if it works! *fingers crossed*

Thank God! It works, the Viglink website says about filling in a tax for people in the US, what about if you're from the UK, how do you go about that?

Hi there -- Anna here w/ VigLink. The VigLink knowledgebase can provide more information on how to complete the tax form if you are outside of the U.S. I'm unable to post the link in it's entirety, but if you visit: support dot viglink dot com and search "tax form" it will take you to the help article.

Hope this helps! Let us know if there is anything else we can help out with :)

Cheers,
Anna

humbleworld

hi Tony, where is the mod settings of this mod? how and where can I access it? im using smf 2.0.2.

humbleworld

I had to uninstall it. The mod shrank my site layout. And I could not find the mod settings where I could insert the api key, after several searches.

johnpaul2k2

i am from Nigeria. what will i use to verify so to activate my paying??

Fisch.666

Hi,

i'm having the same problem on two SMF 2.0.4 forums to getting it verified at the viglink.com install checker. The code is definitely added to the webpage. I also contacted the viglink support, the support member has verified that the javascript part is correctly installed.

I don't know why, but using the same code on a phpBB forums works. To the ebay links on this phpBB forum for example, an &clk_rvr_id= is added at the end of the ebay link and i got revenues for link clicks. Posting the same link in the SMF forums, no &clk_rvr_id= is added to this links and i don't get any revenues at all.

Is SMF blocking this added parameter in any way?

lurkalot

Quote from: Fisch.666 on February 06, 2013, 05:56:49 AM
Hi,

i'm having the same problem on two SMF 2.0.4 forums to getting it verified at the viglink.com install checker. The code is definitely added to the webpage. I also contacted the viglink support, the support member has verified that the javascript part is correctly installed.

I don't know why, but using the same code on a phpBB forums works. To the ebay links on this phpBB forum for example, an &clk_rvr_id= is added at the end of the ebay link and i got revenues for link clicks. Posting the same link in the SMF forums, no &clk_rvr_id= is added to this links and i don't get any revenues at all.

Is SMF blocking this added parameter in any way?

Hmm, wondered why Viglink payouts were a bit low.  Both my sites upgraded to 2.0.4 are also not being detected, they were before the update. The API key is there on one site, and for some reason it's gone from the other.

Scrap my last comment.  All is workiing fine with 2.0.4  I had changed made a edit to my custom theme, and hadn't replaced the code, hence why the API key was missing when viewing source.  :-[

bladesb

I am attempting to use this mod on my SMF forum running 2.0.4. I used the version emulation feature to revert to 2.0.2 and the mod installed fine. I then reverted to 2.0.4 and pasted the viglink code in the appropriate box under features and options.

However when I go to viglink to check out if it's working, it says that it isn't working.

I also tried pasting the viglink into ad mod and that didn't work either.

Their site mentions something about turning off ad blocker. I am not aware that I am running any ad blocker or even where to find that to turn it off.

I don't know the first thing about coding, but I decided to take a stab at pasting the viglink code into one of the themes index templates I have installed, and it crashed the theme. I had to change to another theme to remove the code to fix the one I tried it on.

So hopefully that will give you guys an idea of the degree of ineptitude I have as far as making changes that don't have a neat mod to upload. :D

Any idea why it isn't working? Is this mod incompatible with SMF 2.0.4? Am I just running this nebulous "ad blocker"? Is the ad blocker a browser thing or is it something else? Is it the built in ad blocker for admins in the ad mod?

UPDATE:

I went back when I realized I was supposed to enter the "key" into the box and not the entire javascript code. But I am not sure what part of the "key" from the code to input. I tried it with just the key itself first, no go. Then I tried it with the two apostrophes on either side of it and that didn't work either. I am at a loss.

SMF 2.0.4, "Green Bean" Theme

lurkalot

Quote from: bladesb on February 11, 2013, 11:57:25 PM

I went back when I realized I was supposed to enter the "key" into the box and not the entire javascript code. But I am not sure what part of the "key" from the code to input. I tried it with just the key itself first, no go. Then I tried it with the two apostrophes on either side of it and that didn't work either. I am at a loss.

On Viglink, click the Account link at the top of the screen. Scroll to bottom and you'll see the API key.  Copy and paste it into the input box. 

bladesb

Quote from: lurkalot on February 12, 2013, 02:44:25 AM

On Viglink, click the Account link at the top of the screen. Scroll to bottom and you'll see the API key.  Copy and paste it into the input box.

Thank you! I copied and pasted the key into the box and saved it, but when checking the functionality on Viglink's site it still says it isn't detected.

I am running the theme "green bean" on my forum as the default, in case that helps diagnose the problem. Also I am using chrome as a browser. I can view ads on my forum and other sites so I don't believe I have an ad blocker enabled on the browser. I am running a stock version of Chrome. I am going to give firefox a try and see if that makes a difference, but I think it's the mod or the theme that could be causing the problem.

lurkalot

Quote from: bladesb on February 12, 2013, 06:52:37 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on February 12, 2013, 02:44:25 AM

Thank you! I copied and pasted the key into the box and saved it, but when checking the functionality on Viglink's site it still says it isn't detected.

I am running the theme "green bean" on my forum as the default, in case that helps diagnose the problem. Also I am using chrome as a browser. I can view ads on my forum and other sites so I don't believe I have an ad blocker enabled on the browser. I am running a stock version of Chrome. I am going to give firefox a try and see if that makes a difference, but I think it's the mod or the theme that could be causing the problem.

If you view the page source from your browser, then you should see your API key somewhere in it.   If you installed the theme after the Viglink mod, then it might not be installed in that theme.  If that's the case, just uninstall the Viglink mod and reinstall it, this time checck the boxes to install in your custom themes.   

Also, if you have multiple API keys, one for each site you own, make sure you use the dropdown box (top right) in the viglink dashboard to select the correct site before you verify that it's enabled.

bladesb

Quote from: lurkalot on February 13, 2013, 02:25:49 AM

If you view the page source from your browser, then you should see your API key somewhere in it.   If you installed the theme after the Viglink mod, then it might not be installed in that theme. If that's the case, just uninstall the Viglink mod and reinstall it, this time checck the boxes to install in your custom themes.   

Also, if you have multiple API keys, one for each site you own, make sure you use the dropdown box (top right) in the viglink dashboard to select the correct site before you verify that it's enabled.

I just got it working following this advice. Thank you very much!

Advertisement: