Facebook and Twitter Sharer

Started by Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen, December 13, 2010, 04:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizer

Is there a way to force the share button all the way to the right because it looks kinda out of place hanging out behind the Topic Title.
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Probably there is a way, but I haven't yet come up with a smart and easy way to do that. I have been thinking the same though.
Let's just say for now, that I'm going to be working on finding a better place for the button at some point when I find time to do it.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

odtukmt

Firstly, congratz for such a great addon   ;)

I manage our Student Club's forum and I'm using SMF 2.0 RC5. Your addon works perfect at the forum.

Due to the fact that the forum should only be visible to the registered students, I have limited the permissions and visitors cannot see the topic's content, however, they are able to see the topics, categories etc.

When I share a topic on Facebook, "Login" text is shown instead of the topic. Is it possible to overcome this problem without letting visitors to see the content?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Not really. I think you can use meta tags to force a topic and a static thumbnail for the shares, but that kind of defeats the purpose of sharing topics instead of sharing the forum index.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Bobn

Using RC 5 fresh install with the "Touch" theme. It does not seem to work do I have to do a manual install?l

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I do not know the theme in question, so I can't say anything for sure.
Was the theme installed already before you installed the mod?
What part of the mod doesn't work? Or does it work at all?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Bobn

Quote from: Guybrush Threepwood on April 01, 2011, 02:26:43 AM
I do not know the theme in question, so I can't say anything for sure.
Was the theme installed already before you installed the mod?
What part of the mod doesn't work? Or does it work at all?

Hi, theme first then the mod. I dont see the "facebook" button

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Did you check the settings? Is there any boards selected for the mod?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Bobn

Quote from: Guybrush Threepwood on April 01, 2011, 06:49:10 AM
Did you check the settings? Is there any boards selected for the mod?

Yes,, Also it appears it works with the default theme. Do you know what edits might be required to use it with my theme?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If it appears correctly with the default theme, then most likely your theme has a Display.template.php of it's own, and the mod edits were not done to it correctly. You could parse the mod on the modsite to see what edits are supposed to be done to that file upon installation of the mod.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Bobn

Quote from: Guybrush Threepwood on April 01, 2011, 07:42:59 AM
If it appears correctly with the default theme, then most likely your theme has a Display.template.php of it's own, and the mod edits were not done to it correctly. You could parse the mod on the modsite to see what edits are supposed to be done to that file upon installation of the mod.

I tried that but my displa.template.php does not have the lines as per the edit

Bobn

completely display.template.php here

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Bobn on April 01, 2011, 07:52:23 AM
If you could instead attach the actual file here - I might be able to do something for you.
Not right now though, not for the next 24 hours or so - I'm a bit tight on time at the moment...
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Bobn

Quote from: Guybrush Threepwood on April 01, 2011, 07:57:14 AM
Quote from: Bobn on April 01, 2011, 07:52:23 AM
If you could instead attach the actual file here - I might be able to do something for you.
Not right now though, not for the next 24 hours or so - I'm a bit tight on time at the moment...

Thanks a bunch!!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Try this, but just in case - keep a back up of the original, if for nothing else, then to be able to cleanly uninstall this as well later on if needed.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Bobn

Quote from: LexArma on April 03, 2011, 06:16:59 AM
Try this, but just in case - keep a back up of the original, if for nothing else, then to be able to cleanly uninstall this as well later on if needed.

Worked like a charm! Thanks for taking your valuable time to do this:)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

maximumrock

Hey Lex..

I had another question. The mod has been working great so far. But when people share it on fb. 
Below the subject title (which is the link on fb).....it doesnt show a preview of the thread, in the share at all, only the post subject title again.....Any suggestions on that?

Thx

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Will have to test this out at some point before I say anything to that, but I'll try to get back to you on that one.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: maximumrock on April 06, 2011, 10:30:19 AM
Hey Lex..

I had another question. The mod has been working great so far. But when people share it on fb. 
Below the subject title (which is the link on fb).....it doesnt show a preview of the thread, in the share at all, only the post subject title again.....Any suggestions on that?

Thx
I've tested this a bit - And I have to admit I have no idea why it does that.
But I'll try to dig in to the functionality a bit more later...
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: