News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Space Between Menu And Banners

Started by angellionel, December 15, 2010, 03:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angellionel

Is there a way to add a space between the forum menu and banners that show directly under the menu? If so, is it the subs.php file that needs to be edited?

Thanks for any help!

Bigguy

Is that the ad mod you are using ??? If so, I would think that if you put a <br /> right before the ad mod code that appears in the index.template.php file it would leave a space. if the <br /> throws an error post your index.template.php file if it is the ad mod you are using. :)

angellionel

Thanks for the reply! Yes, it is the Ad mod I am using. I'll see about adding <br />, provided I can find where it is to be inserted.    ;)

Thanks again!

Bigguy

If you go to the mod site and find the ad mod you can parse it there and find where the code is to be placed in the index.template.php file. It should be around the top of the file if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: Ad mod is here:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255

Under the download links you will see this:

Manual Install Instructions for SMF

Use the drop down to find your version of SMF and parse the mod. This will give you the manual install instructions.

angellionel

Thanks! I will try that out and see how it works out.    :)

Bigguy

angellionel

Okay, I finally got a chance to try out adding the <br /> code in the index.template.php file, but it resulted in errors. I don't think I placed it in the right section though, but I don't want to throw the forum off again.    :o   

Bigguy

post your index.template.php file and I will take a look for you. :)

angellionel

Quote from: Bigguy on December 15, 2010, 09:41:57 PM
post your index.template.php file and I will take a look for you. :)

The file is attached. Thanks!!

Bigguy

Ok, try this and see if it works. BACKUP the original BEFORE uploading this to your site please.  :)

angellionel

Thanks! I did try it, and there were no error messages, but the resulting space was added at the very top of the page, not between the menu and the banners.    :)

Bigguy

Oh ok let me try this again hold on. :)

Bigguy

angellionel

angellionel

It caused the ad to fill the entire forum page.    :o   Members jumped on me quick, so I'll have to test it when there is little activity.   lol   No sense of humor.    ;D

Thanks for the help! I'll keep trying out the placement.    :)

Bigguy

That should have worked actually...the ad filled the entire page. Sorry about that. I'll keep messing around and see what I did wrong here. :)

angellionel

Quote from: Bigguy on December 15, 2010, 10:58:13 PM
That should have worked actually...the ad filled the entire page. Sorry about that. I'll keep messing around and see what I did wrong here. :)

Oh it's not a problem.    :laugh:   The spacing did not take place, and then on the third page refresh the ad took over.   :o  Thanks for the help though. I will use the file to compare against the original one to test further placements.    :)   I just have to do it when other members are off the forum.   lol

Bigguy

Ok, well when there is not to much activity around try this one and see if there is a difference.

angellionel

Quote from: Bigguy on December 15, 2010, 11:03:46 PM
Ok, well when there is not to much activity around try this one and see if there is a difference.

Okay, I saved it.  :)   Really, thanks a lot for your help. I wouldn't have known where to place that code.     :o   I'll give the file a try tomorrow.   :)

Bigguy

No problem at all. I hope this one works. Post back if it doesn't. :)

Advertisement: