News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Space Between Menu And Banners

Started by angellionel, December 15, 2010, 03:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angellionel

Hi BG, I just checked the settings I selected for the ad code (using Adbrite), and I noticed that I had failed to deselect the entire page ad placement.    :-[   :-[   That's what caused the blip with the ad covering the entire forum page, not the code insert. I just signed up with them and didn't see that one item when making the ad code selection.    ???

I will try the most recent file tomorrow. Thanks again!    ;D

Bigguy

Try both files I edited then and see if either is right then. :)

angellionel

Hi BG, I tried both files again. There where no errors but there was no change on the spacing either. Odd.   ???

I just decided to not use the Ad mod for displaying the banners there.    :)  I will be using the 'News' section for the banners. The page does not look as cluttered.

Thanks for all your help! Have a great holiday!   :)

Bigguy

Did you clear your forum cache and your browser cache. ??? Not sure why it won't put a space there, it should. I have done this before myself so not sure what is going on. If you decide to try again maybe the mod author can help a bit more. By posting in the thread dedicated to this mod you might get a bit more help. You have a good holiday to. :)

angellionel

Oh man, I did empty the browser cache, but I think I did forget to clear the forum cache.    :o    :-X   I may revert back to using the ad mod for placing ads there, so I will have to give it another try.    :)   Thanks!

angellionel

Hi BG, I tried both files. I tested each one, clearing the forum and browser cache, but the space between the menu and banners remained the same... no change anywhere else too that I could see.  I am now using the 'News' section for simple banners, and the Ad mod to place the Adbrite banners under the menu. I'll just leave it as is for now I guess.

Hey, thank you very much for all the help though. I very much appreciate it!

Bigguy

Maybe I should have added the break below the menu instead of above the ad mod code. I know I have done this before but it's been a long while since I used the ad mod. When I get it I will post back here. :)

Advertisement: