Bug? Can't install lang, packages chmod=777

Started by spaceone, December 17, 2010, 05:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceone

Hi,

I have a problem with installing packages and languages.
I use the SMF 2.0 RC4.
My Webserver is Apache.
allow_url_fopen is on

I have set chmod 777 to all files and directories (with filezilla)....
in packagemanager -> file permissions : all files are writeable
i can't change the file permissions with the ftp-tool from SMF, i don't know why, no errors...
in the error logs are 26 entries -> but only 2 different:
( Undefined variable: modSettings in my current language file )
Undefined variable: package_ftp in Themes/default/GenericList.template.php (download_language sub template - eval?)

so when i try to install a package, this error appears:
QuoteYou cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

If i want to install a new language, this appears:
QuoteYou cannot proceed with the installation until all files selected to be copied are writable.
But SMF shows: all files are writeable

A few month ago, when i used RC3 it works...

What's the problem?
I hope you can help me.

Illori

add the folder temp to your packages folder, and ask your host to verify the permissions on your files/folders

mortymoose

Thanks, worked also for me, battled for a month to resolve... help is appreciated...

:)

NanoSector

@ mortymoose: You have solved it but you still need help... lol
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

mortymoose

I, er hang my head in shame, It was meant to read, The Help was appreciated....

Cheers
;)

jalogar

Hi there,

I have installed SMF 2.0 RC5. I'm using ngix with php-fpm in an Ubuntu server. I'm having problems installing new languages. I have no message in the smf error log nor in ngix error log. I have changed files permissions to 777 but nothing change. I own the server so I have verified from with a local console. The only message I receive when I try to add new language is

QuoteYou cannot proceed with the installation until all files selected to be copied are writable.

Any help will be really appreciate
Thanks

NanoSector

Quote from: jalogar on May 13, 2011, 05:32:45 PM
Hi there,

I have installed SMF 2.0 RC5. I'm using ngix with php-fpm in an Ubuntu server. I'm having problems installing new languages. I have no message in the smf error log nor in ngix error log. I have changed files permissions to 777 but nothing change. I own the server so I have verified from with a local console. The only message I receive when I try to add new language is

Any help will be really appreciate
Thanks
You can try to manually download and install the langauge packages you are trying to install :)
http://download.simplemachines.org/?smflanguages

(just upload each file in that archive to the root of the SMF installation :))
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

jalogar

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on May 13, 2011, 05:34:49 PM
You cannot proceed with the installation until all files selected to be copied are writable.

It worked, but anyway I would like to fix the former problem, as it also affects to installing mods ...

Advertisement: