Number of daily posts to send pm

Started by cicka, December 18, 2010, 02:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicka

Link to Mod

This add on will make it so that only those users who post a minimum of posts daily will send pm. The add on is fully configured at Admin->Panel->Modification Settings->Daily  Posts to Send Pm. You can also exlude groups from this limit at Permissions->Usergroup->Modify. Admins are not affected by this.

I want to thank cσσкιє мσηѕтєя who was very nice :) to help me to figure out a problem I had with the query at this thread.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=413639.0

JBlaze

Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

KensonPlays

Thanks, I picked "3" posts, if members complain, I will bump it down to "1".

Do administrators become exempt? I don't want to create another membergroup with same admin permissions and move my main group to that and the old admin as secondary.

anyway, AWESOME MOD!

cicka

Quote from: Kcmartz on December 23, 2010, 02:37:07 AM
Thanks, I picked "3" posts, if members complain, I will bump it down to "1".

Do administrators become exempt? I don't want to create another membergroup with same admin permissions and move my main group to that and the old admin as secondary.

anyway, AWESOME MOD!

Yes, administrators are exempt. They will not be affected by the post limit :)

KensonPlays

Thanks, I can remove the additional membergroup I made. Anyway, any friends that make a SMF forum and want this, i will suggest this mod to them, to help make your new mod more popular!

Robert.

PLAYBOY

Is there anything like this mod for 1.1.13?

I just need a groupmembers to be limited from sending pms. If they dont havent post min 5 messages i dont want them to be able to sent a pm.

Arantor

You can do that with permissions, Admin > Permissions > Settings > Enable deny permissions and enable post count permissions.

Then go into the permissions for the lowest post count and deny the ability to send PMs.

PLAYBOY

Quote from: Arantor on February 24, 2011, 07:45:48 PM
You can do that with permissions, Admin > Permissions > Settings > Enable deny permissions and enable post count permissions.

Then go into the permissions for the lowest post count and deny the ability to send PMs.

Perfect. Thank you.

BGH

Hello cicka, thank you for this mod, it's really useful! :)

I have an of error related to this mod, in the error log, look:

http://***/index.php?action=admin;area=securitysettings;save;sa=general
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: daily_posts_num
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: C:/***/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
Line: 49

Could you please help me to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

BGH

Sorry for the double post, but recently a solution was provided by Joker™ to fix the error listed above, and since the mod author seems inactive these days, I'll post it here.

In Modifications.english.php (Make backup of file before editing it)

Find:

$txt['daily_posts_message'] = 'Hello '.$context['user']['name'].'. To send a personal message you must make a minimum of '.$modSettings['daily_posts_num'].' posts per day.';

Replace with:

$txt['daily_posts_message'] = 'Hello '.$context['user']['name'].'. To send a personal message you must make a minimum of '.isset($modSettings['daily_posts_num']) && !empty($modSettings['daily_posts_num']) ? $modSettings['daily_posts_num'] : '' .' posts per day.';

Hopefully this works for everybody as it did with me :)

Regards.

cicka

I am sorry for the late reply but I have not been logging in here for quite some time due to being very busy. Thank you for providing the fix to the error :)

BGH

Quote from: cicka on May 28, 2012, 04:05:13 PM
I am sorry for the late reply but I have not been logging in here for quite some time due to being very busy. Thank you for providing the fix to the error :)

Don't worry, it wasn't that big of a deal actually, just making sure to have error log clean :P.

Good to see you back, and thanks again for this mod :)

Advertisement: