Sub boards on board index

Started by Grudge, December 30, 2003, 09:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grudge

I'm gonna keep screaming if I don't mention this. Sub boards on the main index... When someone posts in a sub board of a board, it marks that board as "new message" on the board index - yet the "last post" thing shows the last post on the PARENT board.

THIS IS ANNOYING ME!!!!!!!!

Example, I have a look at the chit chat board. I read everything and 10 minutes later go back to the board index. Someone now posts in the Joke Board. The Chit Chat board gets marked as "new post". I then click the post title in the "last post" column, only to be taken back to the thread I was in before which hasn't got any new posts because it's not in the joke board.

Basically... I think on the board index either...

1) It should not show as new posts on the board unless the new post is in the board itself and NOT any sub boards
2) Otherwise the "lastest post" column should contain the latest post made out of ALL the subboards.

This may not be possible without causing a massive slowdown in queries or something and I think I may haev mentioned it before but I just had to get it off my chest :D
I'm only a half geek really...

Cadish

Grudge

I am... but theres more to feature requests than coding them - it's whether people want them ;)

[Unknown]

Grudge, that's how it works in the default theme.  In the Christmas theme it's different.

-[Unknown]

Grudge

OK. Well... the christmas theme is stupid then :P

* Grudge goes to turn off christmas theme....tries... tries... just can't do it :o

Advertisement: